Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thumb size dent removal

WhiteDynomite

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 SS Ute
G'day all

The Tail Gate on my Vy Ute has 2 small thumbsize dents from the previous owner.. (all too common)

Are they difficult to pull back out, is there an at home technique?

Also what do Paint less dent removal guys charge roughly?

Cheers!

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
If they are shallow paintless dent removal should work pretty well, and it's not that expensive, I would think $100 or less, but that's just a guess. I was quoted $200 to do my whole car which was 6 or 7 small dents. You can buy a suction cup thing and have a go yourself but unless you're doing a fair bit of it it's probably cheaper to get it done professionally.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
I’m in Adelaide but I suggest they would all use a very similar method. It worked a treat for me. Got a guy from a company called Fix A Dent come out to my work and repair the dent. $80. I will from this day on refer to him as God. I would have gladly paid double that. It was worth his while too. He is coming back next week to fix three of my work mate’s cars.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Just search 'Paintless Dent Removal' in the yellowpages and get one of those guys to come out