Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thunder is lowered

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
Arty Night time pics...Hope they work :stick:
Loving the car more every day.
Pete

Image-75483BD509BA11DB.jpg-thumb_105_140.jpg
Image-75482B0809BA11DB.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg
Image-7548198809BA11DB.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg
Image-754805E109BA11DB.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg
Image-7547E6F309BA11DB.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg

If you want to see full version, they are easier to see go to; http://homepage.mac.com/petarvennixvennix/PhotoAlbum7.html

Pete

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Cant hardly see them but im sure it does look nice!!

Burty65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0litre "Thunder" Ute - Auto
vxexec350 said:
Arty Night time pics...Hope they work :stick:
Loving the car more every day.
Pete
Pete,

Glad you are happy with yours. Mine's a couple of months old now. Rapt in it. Not sure about lowering it though. I know it sits a tad too high, but I do like the ride/handling combination that it has. Is yours rough?

What about a cheap mod for up back to make her sound more like a V8? Mine sounds like a piff / piff/ piff.. Nice when opened up though.

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lowering it made very little difference to the ride and saw handling improve. The mudguards just clear the tyres, looks horn. It needs a wash but I will take some pics this weekend to post up.

I will be getting full exhaust from headers back to fix the weak sound.

Pete

bodella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder M6
vxexec350 said:
Lowering it made very little difference to the ride and saw handling improve. The mudguards just clear the tyres, looks horn. It needs a wash but I will take some pics this weekend to post up.

I will be getting full exhaust from headers back to fix the weak sound.

Pete

vxexec350

What suspension setup did you go? I have just installed some King Super lows in my Thunder and i have to agree with you. It doesn't seem to ride that much harder. And the handling is heaps better. I have been meaning to post some pics of my ute but have just been slack. My ute is also silver. I think the silver looks awsome. How have you been finding the fuel consumption at the fuel bowser campared to the computer??

Burty65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0litre "Thunder" Ute - Auto
bodella said:
vxexec350
My ute is also silver. I think the silver looks awsome. How have you been finding the fuel consumption at the fuel bowser campared to the computer??

Guys I have the Impulse Blue which I really like. My VYII S was quicksilver so I needed a change. What colour leather?

As for fuel consumption, I notice a definite improvement with 98, and the overall consumption is improving all the time. With a bit of around town, highway, and backroad squirts, I and doing 12.9 l/100 kms.

My reports from Leaseplan confirm this also.

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
After only 2 fill ups The trend seems to be that it uses less than the computer says it is using.

I have Kings also Superlows front and S'Superlows aft.

Pete

Rastus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ
Hey all, just wanted to share with you all that i just had my VZ sedan lowered last week, It's a standard VZ Lumina with the only changes being a set of 18'' Monaro wheels, a VZ SS rear wing and now with a full pedders coilover kit put on last week, Fully adjustable coilovers on the front, GSR shocks and Touring springs on the back, and a big ass tower brace under the bonnet, it has dropped it so the guards sit just about level with the top of the tyres and it handles unbelievably well and didn't give it a ride that you need a kidney belt on to drive as i found out in a VZ SSZ ridding on 19's with king super lows all round that i test drove to see which way i was going to go.
The pedders cost a tad more than the kings but you just can't believe the difference between the two, Pedders coilovers are awesome in the VZ, Hope someone else has spent the extra dollars to find out as well.
Would have put a pic up but couldn't as i have posted some under another post.
Cheers
Rastus1