Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ticking noise

bns_vs_ute3885

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs
G’day,
About a week ago I had the head gaskets on my vs ute replaced.
Since then it’s been making a tickatickatick sound on idle and up to about 45km/r.
Doesn’t seem to be affecting performance at all, just curious as to what it could be.
Didn’t make this noise before the gaskets were fixed.
Other people have noticed it when I pull up. Will be chatting to the mechanic about it of course, just wondering if anyone had an idea what might be causing it. Hopefully not another expensive repair, just laid out $1200 on the old banga

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
G’day,
About a week ago I had the head gaskets on my vs ute replaced.
Since then it’s been making a tickatickatick sound on idle and up to about 45km/r.
Doesn’t seem to be affecting performance at all, just curious as to what it could be.
Didn’t make this noise before the gaskets were fixed.
Other people have noticed it when I pull up. Will be chatting to the mechanic about it of course, just wondering if anyone had an idea what might be causing it. Hopefully not another expensive repair, just laid out $1200 on the old banga
could be exhaust manifold gasket leak, injectors. Your discription isnt to helpfull.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
check spark plugs have a clean mating surface and are in tight.....