Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tie rod - Steering Wheel Slack QUESTION

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hi everyone, Today i changed my Tie rod end rubbers/boots in my VN, and after doing that i have noticed there is heaps of slack in the steeing wheel. for example when i turn the steering wheel about a quater to the right then it starts to turn the wheels right and same with the left side. instead of moving as soon as i touch the steeing wheel.. if u get me. I also had trouble tightening the rod ends aswell, every time the castle nut began to tighten the joint would turn aswell preventing it from getting any tighter? :hmmm:

Your help is geatly appreciated :help:

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hey mate thanx fo replying! well all i did was undo the nut so the end dropped out then put on a new rubber and lifted it back up and put the nut back on? why would i need to mark anything? also do u no if the bolt not being tight enough could cause this problem? thanks buddy!

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
spinning is a sign of a worn tie rod end. but if you stick a jack under the tie rod end and put pressure on it that will stop it spining so you can tighten it