Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tight spot

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
last night i was in a tight spot

after getting my grandparents from the Melb airport, we got to his Mitsubishi Magna, i had to sit in the rear and soon realized that i was too tall (never had trouble sitting in the front) i literally had my head sticking out of the rear window like a dog. i did get a few "looks".
since it was a cold night, my grandparent+dad told me to close the window because they where freezing. how do they think i felt????

i was in a real delima now, so i tried to rest my head on the rear parcel shelf. having just 2 cm between the rear window and my head, i realized if we ran over a major bump my neck could've snapped :p
so i bit the bullet and had my head on an angle for rest of the trip, which also got a few "Looks". and yes my neck is killing me today:bang:

the only other time i was too tall was when i tried getting into an Honda NSX
everyone in the dealership & my mates (one who bought the car) where cracking up

ever been in a tight spot like this? getting in a car which was: crowded, too small, barley any space

doesn't even have to be in a car :whistling

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Step dad has a crew cab Ford courier, being in the back of that is bad, gotta have half your body hanging out the window

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Back seat of a 2 door Ford Festiva.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We got a few looks when we all loaded into Mum's Rio. Mum was driving, one of my brothers in the front, and me and another brother in the back...all big lads except Mum...every time we went passed a shop front and was able to see the reflection of the car we all cracked up....looked funny as coz it was riding looooow.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Im a big boy to, 6 foot 4 inch and 95 kilos, so I have this problem often, hence why I drive commodores lol.
my ex's mum was dropping us at the airport once (about a 4 hour drive), I was in the same situation, no matter how I sat I had to lean my neck drastically to fit, or jam it against the roof hurting on every bump. Completly ruined my holiday away thansk to a stuffed neck :(
Mums lancer, I cant drive, because the seating position is so ****, no matter how far I have the seat back, my head is still on the roof, unless I hunch over, or lean back way past the b-pillar and look like an absolute wanker, and then cant see the mirrors. or anything.
Back of the work car, another long trip jammed in the back, normally put my legs over one side, and sit on the other, then I fit but kills my back, work ended up paying for the Chiropractor haha.

Also hire Go-karts and buggies are horrible, I managed to burn my leg, from it rubbing on the front wheel of a go-kart lol.
Being tall definitly has its disadvantages, but we make up for it being able to look down low cut tops haha.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
she said it was too tight. i said hang on a sec. and rammed it in more :p

but seriously this is the reason i love commodores. parents tried to buy me a lancer as my first car. i got out of because i couldnt fit. well i could i just really didnt want to

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
we used to fit 5 big guys in my mate's integra. In the back we couldnt fit shoulder to shoulder so we all had to sit with our shoulders angled. Then there was a time we fit 8 people in a laser and it bottomed out over a speed bump...

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Im a big boy to, 6 foot 4 inch and 95 kilos, so I have this problem often, hence why I drive commodores lol.

same here, just a shame I'm weigh abit more then u:whistling

what are the chances of use fitting in a peel 50:rofl:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
same here, just a shame I'm weigh abit more then u:whistling

what are the chances of use fitting in a peel 50:rofl:

HAHA, It would look awesome thats for sure.
peel_p50.jpg

Another tight squeeze was 3 of us, in a Single cab Patrol ute. I was the lightest at 95 kg's :p I got stuck in the middle, and every gear change i copped a whack in the balls :cry:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
after reading the thread title, and reading the thread, im disappointed as it wasnt what i expected lol.