Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a change.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't think they will tell you it is normal. No leak is normal. Geezus, they're F@!#%ED if they do.

The fluid level check procedure in these 6speeds is critical as they have a temp controlled fluid valve that controls the fluid level in the sump of these.
Fluid level checking of these transmissions is a fairly involved procedure. A no experienced DIY'er just wont be able to do without knowing the exact temprature of the fluid at the time of checking the level at the fluid level check plug, with a scantool.
They take DEXRON 6 spec fluid ONLY. Or fully synthetic, Penrite do a good equivalent. Put any other fluid in them and the box is toast !!

Thank you for that information, very handy to know.
Things were much easier when you could just check the dipstick.

I think if I didn't mention the leak, they wouldn't either, being under warranty and all.
If the car was out of warranty and I was just some schmuck who gets my car serviced at Holden, they would be sure to mention it, along with a hefty quote to fix it.
I will see what happens regarding that.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Unfortunately there are some dealerships that are like that. Shysters !!

Be interesting to see if your dealership is or not. We'll see hopefully not. Keep us informed of the outcome.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Unfortunately there are some dealerships that are like that. Shysters !!

Be interesting to see if your dealership is or not. We'll see hopefully not. Keep us informed of the outcome.

I will do that.
I will probably book in next week, I'm about 300km off 70,000. Even though they allegedly serviced it when I bought it with 66,632 km, I still need to get the 70,000 service done to maintain the warranty.
I can say that the detailing I had to wait for left a lot to be desired.