Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a new engine

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, thats a better one...they'll have quite a few for you to choose, so just tell c.o.m.e. what your doing and everything and they'll recommend a couple of suitable ones.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
hopefully im getting the raptor prostreet kit and running 8-8.5 psi, then I be looking at servicing my trans, stage 2 shift kit, aftermarket trans cooler and a 2000-2500 stall converter. Still not sure about the diff tho, mines already has LSD.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sweeeet. ill give you a run when you've got it up and running...but i dont like my chances! lol.
when do you find out if you can get the money loan?
id leave the diff as it, and run it into the ground till you need to replace it with something stronger (if at all, it may be fine)...thats what im doing, mine's holding up just fine for now, ill replace it with a v8 diff and kaaz lsd when it eventually goes though.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
i'll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday

I can get the engine for $6500, raptor supercharger for $5000 and grand or so for the labour taking out the engine putting in the new engine and a few grand to play around with the trans. Hopefully it will be done in a month or two :)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
cool, may i recommend you not worry about getting tuning with either the engine from c.o.m.e. or the s/c from raptor....just get it custom dyno tuned off the bat and save a bit of money. im in a possition now where the tune i got from c.o.m.e. is sh*t and i need to get it dyno tuned to unlock the real potential of the stroker (i went all out and bought a new computer too, but thats far from neccessary, lol).
also once ordered the engine will take about 2-3 weeks for c.o.m.e to build it (depending on how busy they are) so keep that in mind.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
The loan got approved but im thinking laying off the SC for now

I'm going to sit down with my mechanic some time in my lunch break tomorrow and talk about everything thoroughly.
looks like my car is going off the road for some time :( at least i got a work ute that I can use for a while.

Last edited:

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
GOD im so confuse....

Anyway my boss is on holidays for 2 weeks so I cant do the papper work till then to get the loan. I reckon that 2 weeks is great for me as im having second thoughts about this. Now im thinking about selling my car and get a HSV VT Senator Signature 220i for $28 grand roughly. My dad had one of these brought it brand new $93 grand... and their an awesome car love the luxury and sports feel to it.

Anyway this 2 weeks is going to be hell for me lol but im tipping with the senator atm

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, man...its not an easy or straight forward decision. i try to emphasis that to anyone i talk to about modding cars, think things through. its easy to get caught up in the moment and make hasty decisions.
i spent about 6months, maybe more before i finally decided on what i was goin to do engine wise with my vs. from the time i bought it i had plans set out for how i wanted the body/look of the car to be but just couldnt make up my mind about what to do with the engine.
i had thoughts of an LS1 conversion for quite some time, and that would have been cool, but i just felt somehow compelled to try a new approach to engine mods. i ruled out s/c and turbo's straight away, it was always goin to be a daily driver and i didnt want forced induction woes. the v8 inticement was definately there, but it is just so common for a v8 commodore.
thats how i ended up where i am now, with a v6 stroker, rare as hens teeth and something new to explore...it was never about massive power and quick 1/4 miles for me, which is hard for some to understand. i just wanted something ballsy that would suit daily driving and not be "just another v8 or blown commodore".
it gotta be your own decision for your own goals/purposes, so just do what feels right for you.