Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for some new tyres

kashxpert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Kunho

Just brought KUMHO KU31 245/45/18 for my VE and they seem pretty nice.. very good value only costed $180/Tyre

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
will never go bridgestones again, overpriced & tram tracked like a mother farker

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
28K's out of set of tyres is shocking. What are you doing out there?

Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't do burnouts and i don't chuck it around the place. The RE050's are just a very soft tyre with a suspension setup that's hard on them. A friend of mine when through them in 15,000kms allthough that's more a **** wheel alignment from factory. I mean, can the factory build cars properly in the first place? Nope!

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Kumho are good tyres for the price. Also check out the Toyo range. Heard good things bout them but they're $$$.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
some guy the other day told me GT Radials are good not sure if he was bs or not

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
i quiet like the fk452, but its just been superseeded by the fk453 so no comment on its performance. also a fan of the toyo proxes 4 and khumo ku31. for me and where i live it doesnt matter what tyre i use because they are all noisy due to the road surfaces used so i can only comment on wear and grip levels which im very happy with considering the price range they are in.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Bridgestone's, which are VERY overpriced and are only a good performing tyre because of their softer compound (hence why NO ONE gets good milage out of them)
Sorry UFO but I know several owners that get decent K's out of RE050's.
My last set were replaced at 47K and they still had some in them. Not bad for a good performing Soft Compound...
Here's a photo of my RE050'S on the wagon at 29K with most of it done running around in SYD peak hours:
tyre 28k.jpg

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm running on 452s at the moment - no issue with noise, grip well. Also a big fan of the Continental SportContact series - tyre size is a factor in which gen tyre you get, but SC3s come in most fitments that suit commodore and are a sensational tyre. Need to shop around for a decent price though.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I have Falken ZE912's on my car.

I paid $225 a corner, and they are very quiet on the highway.

Can't really comment on the performance, as I don't punish my vehicle, but they seem to grip like **** to the bed sheets.