Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for some new tyres

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Sorry UFO but I know several owners that get decent K's out of RE050's.
My last set were replaced at 47K and they still had some in them. Not bad for a good performing Soft Compound...
Here's a photo of my RE050'S on the wagon at 29K with most of it done running around in SYD peak hours:
View attachment 152553

I am sorry but are you just trying to take the piss? Those tyres look like they have done just 5000kms, not 29000kms.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Take a look at the shoulders on that tyre, they are technically getting close to being illegal !! Typical of many 'new' Brigestone tryes. Gives me the irrits.......

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Perhaps they have been a little under inflated????

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
hmmm don't know. same thing happened to my Turanzas and i was running them at 36psi (17 inch ). How high do you need to go to get them to wear evenly ?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I used to have Pirelli P Zero Nero (summer) tyres on my car, they have been the best tyre I have had so far.
At the moment I have some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, they are a good tyre but they're no P Zero Nero (which there are none in the country at the moment) and I'm not talking about the Pirelli P zero Nero all season (they are crap).

I don't really care how loud a tyre is, as long as it does exactly what it needs to do and does it well.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hmmm don't know. same thing happened to my Turanzas and i was running them at 36psi (17 inch ). How high do you need to go to get them to wear evenly ?

Some tyres will have stiffer sidewalls, this will mean you will have to pump them up a bit more to get even tyre wear.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
I used to have Pirelli P Zero Nero (summer) tyres on my car, they have been the best tyre I have had so far.
At the moment I have some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, they are a good tyre but they're no P Zero Nero (which there are none in the country at the moment) and I'm not talking about the Pirelli P zero Nero all season (they are crap).

I don't really care how loud a tyre is, as long as it does exactly what it needs to do and does it well.

Pay attention to the recommended inflation on the side of the tyres.. It changes from brand to brand and tyre to tyre.. Typically if they give a max cold inflation.. That is what I pump my tyres to..

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Pay attention to the recommended inflation on the side of the tyres.. It changes from brand to brand and tyre to tyre.. Typically if they give a max cold inflation.. That is what I pump my tyres to..

Not sure why you have quoted my post..? I have said pretty much the same thing.. Not sure why you have double full stopped either..????? :)

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
He's trying to fit in possibly. How adorable.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
In my Series 1 SSV I got 40K out of the first set of RE050A (245/40/19), second set 47K. Each time I got a new set the tire shop said there was at least another 5k or more left before they'd need changing.

Obviously there are a lot of factors that come into play which tyre longevity. I ran my tyre pressure at 37psi all round and had the wheel alignment checked every 10k. My Series 2 SV6 has done 11k and the tyres have a heap of meat on them including the outer edge.