Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Timing Chain Gasket leaking & Front Struts repair

irj874

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2006 VE Berlina (Alloytec) private and got it serviced at a Holder dealership. During the service they noticed an oil leak (couple of drops overnight) and suggested to fix the timing chain gasket, quoted $1,600 for this job.

The mechanics also noticed that the Front struts needs to be replaced (quote $380) and the drive belt has worn out, making a squeaking noise at cold start (quote $100). Not sure if these quote are expensive?

Can anyone please suggest a good Holden mechanic in around Wollongong region that is willing to fix the leaking timing chain gasket and other items. Been to a couple of mechanic and they don't want to do the timing chain gasket nor they will quote on it.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you
IRJ

aunto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2007
my oh my, timing chain gasket 1,600? i don't know but i can get the whole job done (new timing chain kit) with that money, and i am sure they will change the gasket once they open it up to change the timing chain. go elsewhere mate, not worth it