Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Timing & Gears. = Blue 202

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
LOL, 8000rpm + stock 202 = BANG!

As for the timing, on a stock 202 they seem to like about 7-8 degrees, as long as you're running premium fuel...

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
A question about my gearbox, being an auto.. the timing works with the speed/rpm that it changes gears? so if they gears where changing at the right speed then the right timing is acheived?

Does anybody know the gear speeds/rpm that the tribox changes at for a 202?

I had info somewhere.. but can't seem to find it :(

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
It relys on vacuum from your carb.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Goon,

Do you know that modulator round thing stuck on the back of the Trimatic? It has a 2 inch long 1/4" black hose and then a long 1/4" pipe that travels up to your engine bay. That is what controls your gear shifting. On the 308, it connects to the back of the carb. I am sure it will be the same for 6's. The pipe must be well sealed and no leaks as I found a leak in mine once and it wouldn't go up in gear.

The Gregs manual doesn't go into detail with the modulator, but I think the factory manuals do. If you can get hold of a VB factory and VC supplement factory manuals, then you'll have a lot more info about your whole car.

:thumbsup:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Is that your definition of a real car? Why don't you have one then?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Goon,

Do you know that modulator round thing stuck on the back of the Trimatic? It has a 2 inch long 1/4" black hose and then a long 1/4" pipe that travels up to your engine bay. That is what controls your gear shifting. On the 308, it connects to the back of the carb. I am sure it will be the same for 6's. The pipe must be well sealed and no leaks as I found a leak in mine once and it wouldn't go up in gear.

The Gregs manual doesn't go into detail with the modulator, but I think the factory manuals do. If you can get hold of a VB factory and VC supplement factory manuals, then you'll have a lot more info about your whole car.

:thumbsup:

I know the above mate :) and yes its the same on 6's apart from going to the manifold instead of the carby.

Your gregs book doesnt? mine seems to have info in testing for operations on the unit etc

Nevermind though mate, ill sort this stuff out :)

Last edited: