Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Timmahs VX II Calais

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
So here are some pics of the my Series II L67 Calais as it is currently. I've just (literally an hour or so ago) got a 10PSI pulley and 1.9 rockers, which will be fitted tonight. So should have a bit more go for the show ;) Other stuff that isn't shown here is red LED dash lights (THANKS LAKERZ!!!) and LED courtesy lights under the door handles. Also moulded A and sail panels, for the speakers.

External Glamour shot - 20 inch HR Racing wheels, Monaro HID's, and chrome grille.

IMAG0462.jpg

Audison Bit 1 processor in the glovebox, which runs three way active front stage (tweets/mids/woofers) and a single 12 inch in the boot.

bit1.jpg

Controller for Bit 1, moulded into the cupholders.

drc.jpg

My boot - pretty plain, but functional. And two of the best amps I've ever owned - a coupla Genesys 5 Channel Audiophile amps :)

boot.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Put in the new rockers last night - car definitely has a bit more go! Didn't have an extra 30mm shifter for the pulley removal tool, so will get one tonight and get the 10PSI pulley on :D

IMAG0847.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
The processor changes the stock head unit output from 4 channel speaker out, to up to 8 channel RCA out. Also does full eq, time alignment, level and crossover adjustment for each channel. It controls that :)

Ok another update! Got my Mace pulley on last night. Easy as install, even doing it without help. And the car definitely gets up there quicker now, with more whine under power. SO happy with it!!!!

image.jpg

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Nice nice, and was the controller an easy install?

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Yeah man it was, compared to fiberglassing pods for speakers hehe. I want to re-do the paint on it because its a bit sketchy, but was simple as to do the actual shape.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I like this. How do the supercharged cars go? I looked at a supercharged Caprice, but I thought it looked too big for the engine size, so went LS1. But in a smaller sized car like yours, it would probably have a bit more go :)

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
They don't feel a hole lot faster than the n/a, but they have a lot better off the line torque and power. Brilliant for towing as well. Looks good mate, and good to here good feedback on the rockers, I'm debating a set myself for the wagon.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Good to see you on the dark side timmeh. :D