Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's 98 VS S Pac Ute (First Car)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Tim's 99 VS S Pac Ute (First Car)

After saving and saving and dreaming and dreaming i have finally bought my first car.

Model: Late 98' built and sold in 99' (Yes its a series 3) VS S Pac Ute.

Colour: Midnight Blue.

Engine: 3.8 Ecotec V6

Engine Mods: Genie Extractors, SS CAI, K&N Air Filter.

Exhaust: Single Redback Muffler and Hotdog.

Wheels: 18 inch VT GTS.

Suspension: Pedders Shocks all round, Rear: Compressed SL Springs, Front: Pedders Low Springs

Gearbox: Gertrag 5 Speed Manual.

Diff: 3.08 LSD. (Rebuilt 01/05/11)

Interior: SAAS Steering Wheel, Blue Footwell lights, Floor Matts, Monza Type R Seats, Blue Dash Conversion, Super White LED Interior Light, Clear Interior Light Cover, Calibre Vaccum, Water Temperature and Oil Pressure gauge mounted under the headunit in a Custom Black Pod, Autometer Monster Tacho and Shift Light mounted on the Drivers side Pillar.

Stereo: Sony Headunit, Kicker 12 Inch Slim Sub, Kicker Amp, Kicker Splits with Tweeters above door vents.

Other Mods: Tinted Windows, Hardcover, Debadged rear, Clear Side indicators, HDT Light Covers, Red Calipers, Eclipse H4 4000K Headlights, Super White LED Parkers, Super White LED Numberplate Lights, SS Front Lip and Beezels, Deleted Tonneau Hooks, Engine Cover Painted Black.

Feedback much appreciated, Cheers.

Attachments

• HPIM5908.jpg
    HPIM5908.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2,774
  • HPIM5911.jpg
    HPIM5911.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 2,078
  • HPIM5912.jpg
    HPIM5912.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,975
  • HPIM5915.jpg
    HPIM5915.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,133
  • HPIM5919.jpg
    HPIM5919.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,774
  • HPIM5917.jpg
    HPIM5917.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 1,720
Last edited:

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Two thumbs up from me mate, looking good. I love it when i see a thread with "VS Ute" in the title.!! One thing i did to mine since it has a hard cover, is cut those tonneau hooks off, makes it look heaps cleaner, but its up to you.
That midnight blue nearly looks black from the photo's. The rims suit it too, well done :)

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
sweet as mate. looks killer. Dont even think about changing the wheels they set it off. much better than elanors. Im with robbo i love seeing "vs ute" in the thread. there is a few of us goin round now. just keep her clean and serviced and it will last you forever

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the feedback fellas, i am absolutely stoked with her.

Robbo: I was thinking about cutting the tonneau hooks off, do you have a rough price or did you do it yourself? The utes colour is mad, black at night and arvo and blue in the sun.

Jonnii: thanks heaps, the wheels have grown on me, especially with that gold tinge.

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
this car looks extremely familiar hahaha...anyway beautiful car mate c u soon :beer chug:

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Robbo: I was thinking about cutting the tonneau hooks off, do you have a rough price or did you do it yourself?

I did it myself mate.

Last edited:

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers fellas.
the rims are staying on haha, especially seeing as i just bought brand new tyres for her :driving:
someone should organise a ute cruise!

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
I did it myself mate, its risky but it will save you money. Just get a little hand held angle grinder with a thin grinding disc and just cut them off, try and keep a really steady hand, i actually nicked the paint once, touch up paint fixed it, but its best if you don't hit it, haha. Maybe jam a heap of rag or something behind the hooks while you are cutting, that will stop you hitting the paint, actually, i really should of done that..!:bang:
If you don't feel confident, then for christ sake dont do it.!

geeeez man, you have balls.
i would not trust myself in a million years to do that haha.
i may go down to a panel beater and ask what they would charge for it.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
geeeez man, you have balls.
i would not trust myself in a million years to do that haha.
i may go down to a panel beater and ask what they would charge for it.

Great idea! You have the brains out of the two of us, lol.:beer chug: Yep definitely don't do that yourself, its actually really stupid. You should never have anything that produces sparks anywhere near a petrol vehicle!!

Last edited: