Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's VS Executive

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Thanks guys!

Been a while since an update, just got the aircon regassed in time for summer and I'll be a doing a massive service very shortly. All new plugs, leads, coolant, oil, filters etc. Got some ultra lows for the rear and a MACE thermostat and memcal on the way. I want to get her running smick before I fork out for pacemakers.

Once I get all the items and a spare weekend I'll get some pics up of all the goodies and take some well deserved snaps :)

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
yfhIMAG0087FyV.jpg

Got a few things out of the way this weekend, chucked the Ultra lows in and welded another new tip on yesterday, flushed the cooling system today. Fresh Nulon product with MACE's 82 degree thermostat.

But here's something interesting others might want to check out, I was watching over everything at idle and noticed the water pump pully was wobbling like crazy. **** I though, I replaced the water pump when I got the car surely the bearings arn't shot already, no no no. Turns out the 4 holes for each stud on the pulley arn't perfect and allow for some side to side movement! So with the belt off and the studs just finger tight, I held a screw driver beside the pulley and spun it a few times, pushing it away a fraction each time it got closer until it was spinning like a well balanced... diet? :p I'm surprised it hadn't threw the bearings or vibrated the pump off the block, probably didn't do it much good either way. There is now an absense of vibration at high RPM too, coincidence? I think not.

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Thanks for the heads up mate, very nice clean VS whats coming up for him/her?

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Very clean looking! Just starting to look at putting some work into my VS, picked her up in Feb.. and has been stock as from day dot haha. With time on my hands between selling my bike, and buying a new one thought id put some work into my first car...

Will try and get a ride thread up soon, nothing special to look at atm tho... Stock standard :p

Keep the updates coming mate

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
that is 1 amazing vs haha can i have it ill give u my vn :) my mate has a white vs never been a fan of them till i saw this

SlickVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Very clean looking! Just starting to look at putting some work into my VS, picked her up in Feb.. and has been stock as from day dot haha. With time on my hands between selling my bike, and buying a new one thought id put some work into my first car...

Will try and get a ride thread up soon, nothing special to look at atm tho... Stock standard :p

Keep the updates coming mate

that is 1 amazing vs haha can i have it ill give u my vn :) my mate has a white vs never been a fan of them till i saw this

Thanks guys, even I was a bit unsure of its potential before I actually bought it. But after seeing some of the mint rides here on JC and in Street Commodore mags I was reassured in the end!

Thanks for the heads up mate, very nice clean VS whats coming up for him/her?

Did some more shopping today and got the last few items I needed to finish this little overhaul of mine :p Will hopefully get everything in tomorrow including the MACE memcal so I'll be sure to take some snaps and let you all know how it goes. The fuel breather hoses need replacing at some point too but that can wait until my tank is near empty and I can get hold of the correct hoses.

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Acclaim Odyssey Blue
you need altezza lights on the back they look sick