Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinny's ute - Pic heavy, so only for anyone interested.

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey mate. I'm a big fan of the ute. Paint always looks perfect. Any tips on basic weekly washes for my black ute? I definately want to learn how to take good care of the girl. Cheers

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Did you end up putting Bilstein B8's in the ute?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Tinny! Hope your going well mate.
Car is looking Smick as usual.
My Clubby is in desperate need of a good paint detail. Not sure how to go about it yet. Currently using some $8 woolworths car wash that includes some wax apparently. Haha don't judge me :p

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Did you end up putting Bilstein B8's in the ute?

Not yet mate, other things have had to take priority. Still intend to, if and when I can get around to it. Really haven't done anything with the car of late, aside from keep it looking reasonable for work purposes.

Tinny! Hope your going well mate.
Car is looking Smick as usual.
My Clubby is in desperate need of a good paint detail. Not sure how to go about it yet. Currently using some $8 woolworths car wash that includes some wax apparently. Haha don't judge me :p

Hey mate, not bad thanks. First step is going to be working out what the car needs. Does the paint feel gritty or rough at all? If so, it will need a good decon and clay. May even need some rail dust removal. Then have a good look at it under a few different light sourced - midday sun, LEDs and halogens are a good mix. Fluro tubes will show any colour deviation or pitting also. If you find anything like that you want corrected out, I'd have a chat to James from Auto Glamour - he's up your way and will certainly be able to get it looking mint. Auto Glamour Premium Detailing Brisbane.

Otherwise, start with a clay, a paint cleanser and a good sealant and see if that gives you the results you're after. Beyond that, it's machine polishing to get the most out of the finish. I've not come across a single new car that hasn't benefited from machine polishing of some description.

And get a decent shampoo lol

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Tinny!

Loving the car, loving the paint, loving everything about this car, my car needs a good detail, it's a karma blue color, got any tips? You're around my area so I'll just make you do it for me then :p

:yahoo:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Tinny!

Loving the car, loving the paint, loving everything about this car, my car needs a good detail, it's a karma blue color, got any tips? You're around my area so I'll just make you do it for me then :p

:yahoo:

Thanks mate, really appreciate it. Happy to run through a few things with you. Call in for a chat if you like.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not exciting, but time for tyres again. With Falken 452s now discontinued, rather than going with the new model 453s, I have some PZero Rossos (MO version) ordered for Friday. Was a toss up between those and PS3s - both were same price and a lot cheaper than I could find conti SC5s for.

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Email request has been sent Tinny! Thanks! :)