Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinny's ute - Pic heavy, so only for anyone interested.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah.. maybe a touch too JDM...

bronze.jpg

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
should take it to consumer affairs...this is ridiculous.

sure they r honouring their warranty and ur getting free repairs, but when they arent ever actually solving the problem, questions have to be asked, and ppl or the company have to held accountable

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
warning *e-rant approaching*

So what exactly constitutes an oil leak? To me, an oil leak is when oil leaks from the motor in basically any shape or form. However, according to holden, there has to be a specific volume of oil leaking for it to be technically classified as a leak (which is apparently just a bit more than the slowly increasing stain on my garage floor, incidentally). What is actually occurring in my instance is apparently an oil 'seep' as opposed to a leak. I will be calling holden tomorrow morning to find out exactly what volume of oil is required to be external to the motor for a leak to be 'worth fixing' (their words).

/rant.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I agree with you Tinny if oil is outside the motor it's a leak, that's probably a sign when you should contact consumer protection, take some photos as well and see if they can help.