Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinny's ute - Pic heavy, so only for anyone interested.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Looks fantastic mate, love that surface quality.

Talking about tires and shine, i use "Duragloss 253 Tire and rubber dressing".

Leaves the tires with a really nice flat but rich looking finish which avoids that high shine cheap and nasty look.

Cheers.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
What did you use on them?

Have you considered a hard lid?

I mostly use Optimum OptiBond tyre gel or Prima Infinity to dress mine. OptiBond has just a hint of a sheen while Infinity is completely deficient of shine. I put OptiBond on for the show.

+1 for clean black tires instead of tire shine.

It's always a fight with tyre shops to get them NOT to dress them - the **** they use will invariably sling all down the side of the car (as RUF found out lol). Shiny tyres just look tacky.

Looks fantastic mate, love that surface quality.

Talking about tires and shine, i use "Duragloss 253 Tire and rubber dressing".

Leaves the tires with a really nice flat but rich looking finish which avoids that high shine cheap and nasty look.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. 253 is another good one. Lasts well too. Has more of a satin finish - certainly not a glossy look though.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Anything new with the ute Tinny? Two thumbs up for the dedication to keeping the green machine in pristine condition :spot on:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Cheers mate. Nothing new that I can think of - few bits and pieces have been replaced but nothing update-worthy. Been spending too much time working on other people's cars! But that's what pays the bills! Starting to think about how much longer I want to keep it, and if she goes, what she'll be replaced with, or if I just inject some cash into this one.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Looking good tin! Being a detailer, do you analyse other people's cars a bit too much? From a distance most cars look ok, but I can imagine you being able to see swirl marks and stuff like from a distance that all the time haha.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
I know the answer to this lol. It's a damn curse!!! You can't look at a nice car and appreciate it if it has swirls, or dirty rims or streaky glass. Try going to a car show and get cranky at the half arsed effort to prep the top quality cars let along the regulars. Shopping centers are nightmares, they poorly maintained cars are everywhere.

Tinny knows exactly what I mean!!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I know the answer to this lol. It's a damn curse!!! You can't look at a nice car and appreciate it if it has swirls, or dirty rims or streaky glass. Try going to a car show and get cranky at the half arsed effort to prep the top quality cars let along the regulars. Shopping centers are nightmares, they poorly maintained cars are everywhere.

As soon as I started listening to you and Tinny and keeping up with Car Care Products Australia's details, the curse (or plague more like) has spread. As soon as I see a car these days I start looking at the condition of the paint, how they look after the interior.

It's bloody annoying! :p

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Looking good tin! Being a detailer, do you analyse other people's cars a bit too much? From a distance most cars look ok, but I can imagine you being able to see swirl marks and stuff like from a distance that all the time haha.

lol Couldn't have said it better, Toey! That's exactly right. I go to as many shows as I can fit in, and the frustration that goes along with seeing the standard that the cars are presented in is nuts. It's not so much that the mechanical modifications and the like escape me or don't impress, more that the cars are let down by poor finishing or, as is more often the case, no finishing. AHD was bad. Any full sun event is going to show up EVERYTHING... there is a sea of buffer trails, wool swirls, wash marring, rids, you name it. MotorEx was no different, nor was the British Display Day. You see people who have had a crack at it - and 10 points for trying... but minus a million when the sun catches all the zebra stripe buffer trails. Basically, time spent at car shows is sussing out how long it would take to fix all the cars there!

Same story at shopping centres and everywhere else. Especially at car wash cafes... but that's another story