Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted light/ Night shade

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
yeah mate 3 light coats...left to right then up an down as ol mate said b4.....keep the can 20-30cms away and if u want use
some 2500grit wet and dry sandpaper in between coats to lessen that dotty look....and id personally remove the lights from the car
coz ur definately gona get over spray.....or u can get some tint film from a window tinter...darkest legal is best for tail lights

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
window tint seems like a better option, if i ever got pulled over just start peeling it off hahaha

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Dont know about the laws in other states, but a frind of mine was defected in SA a couple of nights ago for obstructed taillights. His are similar to this pic, but black. The cops were bad that night and defected a lot of cars that had any modifications. Some drivers protested that they had no defects, but the cops said to let Regency VIS sort it out.
vldirector_greenrear.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
That vs looks mint , good idea with the strips in it

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
The VS lights look pretty wicked, how'd you get them so straight?

I used tape :) I had some double sided tape from bunnings in my car and that was easiest to use (obviously didnt unpeel both sides of it lol) it just had the right width.

As for the legality things, that car got written off by someone crashing into me, they did hit the front though lol The car is still legal because you can see the lights from the correct distance and the reflectors were still fully visible, also been pulled by cops and had no issues.

guys-vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr commodore 5ltr V8
just a little input abut nite shade i know a bloke who got stopped by the police in western sydney,
the officer told him that he has to change his tail lights because in the words out of the officers mouth

'you seem to have something sprayed on them'

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
hx4ubb.jpg

I used 2 coats like 4 months ago and the sun lightens them eventually anyway, and ive had no issues what so ever :)

blkvute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute II
i had mine done on my ute looked great
did 3 coats 15-30 cm away and waited 15minutes between each coat
unfortunetly a cop told me they were illegal
but if u get wax and grease remover u can wipe it off with an bit of elbow grease too!
worth a try until u get done by the cops

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
yesterday 4 cops drove past me and 2 booze buses on aus day and I havent been hasseled once :)

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hx4ubb.jpg

I used 2 coats like 4 months ago and the sun lightens them eventually anyway, and ive had no issues what so ever :)

Hey mate just wondering how your lights still have a polished surface to them.. everyone else i see it looks matt and ****.. yours look clean as tho its meant to be like that?

Also... are your front lights tinted? if so how legal is it and does it take away any of the light?