Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted Taillights?

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
ive been wanting to do this for a while but just wondering how you go about tinting the tailights on a ve ute. can you get someone to do it for you? if so how much?

thankyou.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
cheap and easy way....buy a can of night shades from super cheap or bursons. The more coats you put on the darker the tint....

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
hey thanks guys
yeah ive been thinking of the film do you know where you can get it from tinsips?
or do you just a get a normal window tinter to do it? wonder how it would hold up .

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
thanks dude
does it just come in sheets?
all i would want is a smoked lights ive seen some on a ve ute the other day it made it look tough.

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
yeah man im on there site now , ill go pick some up in the morning and give it a go.
would you have any idea as to what tools i would need?
hair dyer?
squeegee?
and some sort of alcohol cleaner ?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
not sure, mate - I'd definitely give them a clay and a wipedown with IPA first, just to make sure the surface is completely smooth and free from any sealants.

I'd take a punt though and say it uses a mild adhesive and/or static cling - so just a credit card or similar to smooth it down once it's applied.. kind of like vinyl

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
will do man . do you reckon i should take them out or do the tint while theyre still on the car.
the kits from super cheap have a kit with them so will hopefully have a squeegee etc,
after i have a go i will post a picture hopefulyl of them done by tommorow afternoon should look good not going to touch the headlights though.

thanks for the help man