Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinted Taillights?

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
tinsips-ahhh sorry man got confused, ive got some wax ill wash it tommorow and give it a good cleaning ,
do it man will look tough, problem is with headlights ive seen that the headlights will get soo hot that it melts the tint spray.

rusty411- hey man sides are 20% and rear is 5%

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
haha yeah man thanks heaps

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
haha sounds good man . do it so i can see how it looks haha ;) ,

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
i know it looks great on car. but have you thought the legal side of it.. i have 2 friends who got wiped by there insurance . when they had tail end hits.. the person who hit them said he couldn't see the brake lights clear.. the insurance company checked the car and found he had done modification to his taillight affecting the visibility . so think about putting on tint. i do heap to my own car. make it look great. but also legal.. you want to spend all that time money and have a smash which we all hate to happen. and have someone who knows the law.. and picks on things like tints on taillight or even headlights. you could be wiped by your insurance and loose all you have spent on your car... its not worth it just to have a nicer taillight. everything i have done to my car is within the area that its legal. i don't want to not only loose my car. in a smash. but also know i wont even get it repaired because i was stupid enough to put on tint on my lights. i loose my car. i don't get it repaired. i still have to pay back my finance company. and still get to work. all because of tint i would loose all this.. i wont risk it and am sure a lot of ppl with incredible cars agree. think to keep your car. not to loose it.