Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Front & Rear Lights ???

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
hey guys is this defectable or only if you do a few coats?
Cheers.

Yes it is defectable..

I only did 2 or 3 coats on mine I cant remember but I have been pulled over twice now and cop's havent said nothing to me about them

Just lucky I guess

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
hey guys is this defectable or only if you do a few coats?
Cheers.

Yes it is defectable..

I only did 2 or 3 coats on mine I cant remember but I have been pulled over twice now and cop's havent said nothing to me about them

Just lucky I guess

I got defected for it on my old car. They really didn't like it at all.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I got defected for it on my old car. They really didn't like it at all.

My mate got defected n his ute for having them but i have had a cop stand at the back of my car and write me a ticket and didnt say a think about them

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah it all depends on the copper i suppose.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
if you want to do it just give it like 1 coat atleast then its darker, and they cant have a cry, what i was thinking was making a stensil(if thats what its called) and then sticking it on your light and covering the parts around it. do you could get the holden badge cut out or mabey HSV and then stick it to the light and give it a few coats, then you can still see the red lights shining out from where the cover was on it and the rest is tinted, and then it gives it a nice look, you could make your own design too, up to you

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
if you want to do it just give it like 1 coat atleast then its darker, and they cant have a cry, what i was thinking was making a stensil(if thats what its called) and then sticking it on your light and covering the parts around it. do you could get the holden badge cut out or mabey HSV and then stick it to the light and give it a few coats, then you can still see the red lights shining out from where the cover was on it and the rest is tinted, and then it gives it a nice look, you could make your own design too, up to you

I think that would be more noticeable to coppers then just doning 2-3 coats completely covering the nights

Good idea tho

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
I used a window tint spray from autobarn (they had sold out of nightshades so wanted to try this stuff)..It is supposed to be used for tinting glass windows, so it is transparent. When brake lights are on, they give out almost exactly the same amount of light as before, and the reflectors are pretty much the same aswell.

Mine just looks kinda dodgey cause it was windy when i left them dry, and dust got onto them :( Any idea how i can get them smooth?

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I used a window tint spray from autobarn (they had sold out of nightshades so wanted to try this stuff)..It is supposed to be used for tinting glass windows, so it is transparent. When brake lights are on, they give out almost exactly the same amount of light as before, and the reflectors are pretty much the same aswell.

Mine just looks kinda dodgey cause it was windy when i left them dry, and dust got onto them :( Any idea how i can get them smooth?

Maybe try some 2000grit sandpaper and then a good buffing

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
I tried some real fine wet and dry, just rubbed it straight off, so had to do it again..maybe not wet and dry?

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I tried some real fine wet and dry, just rubbed it straight off, so had to do it again..maybe not wet and dry?

mmm got me stumped mate maybe try using a cut and polish insted of just a polish

and if that dont work you might have to start again