Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Garnish & Rear Lights On VT ???

vxsenator

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VX SENATOR
I saw a dude's vt with his garnish and rear lights tinted, it looked awesome.
I just bought Nite Shades from Autobahn and I'm going to do it.
I have a spare set of lights that I'm going to spray first to get my desired darkness.

Has anyone here done this and could give me a few tips on applying the best way?

And if anyone has any pictures of VT's with tinted garnish and lights could you post it up please.

Thanks.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yep Do it nice n slow n fine u dont wont it to run so do it with thin coat max of 3 coats n she should look smick as...make sure u take the lights out to doit...My Mate put 4 coats on his VL n they were too dark had to get out the stripper n start ova aagain but with only 3 fine coats....its easy to do u just gotta get ur left to right technique right b4 u do it as u dont wanna have it darker in the middle than on the outer edges...but yeah it is simple and gives a really good effect for the price...

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
I havnt dun this to my vt yet but from past experieces read the instrutions on the can first of all and like calais cruzin said slow and steady wins the race light even coats and it sould go without saying u need tp spray the inside of the lenses

GLDNVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ STATESMAN 5.0
Its pretty easy man, Just take your time when your doing it. All I did was stood a reasonable distance from the Tailight and sprayed away, dont go too close otherwise you will get runs. When your doing numerous coats, its best to wait untill the previous coat is tacky, and the next coat will stick to it better. Just take your time, and it'll come up schmikko!
Also, I used a Clear Gloss after I finished tinting them, you get a nicer finish with it! ;)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Is'nt it illegal to tint your rear tail lights (and headlights)???

But I got to say, they look great!!!

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah very illegal....thats why they have the altezza black headlights and tailights which gave the same visual effect and dont lose the amount of brightness coming from the lights.......

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
u might be better off gettin the black altezza style lights and just painting ur boot garnish black, thats if u wana spend a bit more....it'll look just as good and u wont get static from the boyz in blue..... u might also wana check with insurance isues? if someone runs up ur arse and even if its not ur fault, ull probly still be at blame coz of ur tinted lights..
i agree tho, it does look good.... i done it to my old vl... and i almost done it to my vt, but decided to go with the monaro style lights and colour code my boot garnish...
up to you but mate...