Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Lights

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i always have my fog lights on. just because theres more light and it looks cool.

as far as tinting headlights go it it perfectly LEGAL as long as there is a certain amount of light comes through ie; ADR laws say a car must a certain level of light from the head lights. so its sort of like exhaust decibles but it must be higher then a certain rating(watever light is measured in)

and just an extra one i thought i would throw in, colour headlights/parkers are legal as long as they produce a white light. we all know honda Odyssey's have blue parkers but if you put on of them up against a wall apparently( i say apparently because i havnt tried) the beam is white not blue

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
so if you replace ur standard glodes with brighter ones....u can tint ur headlights more??

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
in theory yes. but your still goin to cop **** off the cops all the time. i suggest you find the ADR on lights and what there specs have to be and keep it in your car

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
keeping specs and even permits on your car means jack with cops.
mate had all the permits for his car and they still gave him a yellow sticker for it.....

sometimes its best to not do some stuff to keep attention away from yourself.

and i got pulled over the other day with my new clubbyr8 during the day for having my fog lights on with my park lights....they crossed 4 lanes on the fwy and even went over a solid white line to exit where i was going :bang: .....but they only warned me coz the coppers are on strike for more money so they warn ppl instead of fineing them :yeah:

the government is pissed...should be 33,000 fines issued in last quarter...only 1,400 actually done :whistling

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
they pulled you over just for that? was it in daylight, or evening/dark?