Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting Lights

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Does anyone know the A.D.R specs on using a product like nightshades to tint headlights and tail lights.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
why make it harder for people to know when your indicating or braking and risking someone running up your ass or t-boning you because they had no idea what you were doing.
saw an old falcon with this done just the other day i had to squint to tell he was using his indicator not good.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
yeh illegal mate...
but if u wana tint ur headlights, buy some headlight covers from supercheap auto and just tint them...that way u can just have em on sometimes and u can take em off wen it gets dark....

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
What if I was to tint my fog lights. They are an optional item so this shouldn't be illegal should it?

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
why would you tint ya fog lights when its foggy youll need them working perfectly
oh unless your one of those *&^$%*%$ who have them on every where ya go
wish cops started picking on those illegal ppl

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I sometimes drive with my headlights on... it seems to be the only way some half-wits (who shouldn't have a license in my own opinion) can actually see me.

Although you must wonder why they can't see a large 4 door sedan roaring down the road in complete daylight?

As for the topic... if your after the look then do as VL-187 suggested. Have'em on by day and make sure they come off at night. Pain in the ass it will be but to tint the actual headlight is asking for attention from the cops in addition to the loss of street lumination. Someone would only have to hit your car at night and say they didn't see you while pointing at the front of your ruined Holden!!! (god forbid) :D

Funny... they used to pull me over every week in my old ford but not in my new holden... must be something to do with being roadworthy? hehehe

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
daron. said:
why would you tint ya fog lights when its foggy youll need them working perfectly
oh unless your one of those *&^$%*%$ who have them on every where ya go
wish cops started picking on those illegal ppl

First of all I barely ever use them - not even in the fog.
Secondly I'm not one of those *&^$%*%$.
I was doing it for a different look.
I've now got the black monaro style tail lights and I'm going to get the headlights to match. I just wanted my foglights to match the headlights.
Some of those *&^$%*%$ don't have a choice with their fog lights - If the car is on the foggies are on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i just wish the cops would start picking on ppl for real reasons not silly little ones
fog lights arent needed in city day or night
its also illegal so start busting them
and for those who drive (not juts commos) with fogs on only you dont look good you look stupid as if ya forgot to turn them off