Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tips for de-badging

hg premier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE , hg premier
just got a omgea and want to get rid of the omega and the commodore badges

any advice on how to do it?
do they clip in or are they just glued on??

cheers

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Depends what year it is, I think models after (2008?) have been badged differently. Eg. Pre 2008, has holes when removed where ones after 2008 are just glued on?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
just got a omgea and want to get rid of the omega and the commodore badges

any advice on how to do it?
do they clip in or are they just glued on??

cheers

Hi Mate,

If they are just glued on the best bet leave area in sun to heat up, then get the old fishing line out and they should come off easily.

hg premier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE , hg premier
ooo crap its a 2006 so it will have holes??
spuin

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The omega badge shouldn't have holes - they'd likely just be taped - but the holden badge might.

I'd just give it a go - worst case scenario is you put them back on.

Also, you may need some type of adhesive solvent to remove any gunk left behind by the tape. 3M have a good product but it's a little pricey and hard to come by. Or you could try goo remover. I'd be leaving the old eucalyptus oil alone though for paint you want to keep - it can be pretty harsh.

You might need to give the area a good polish as well with a bit of an abrasive compound to blend it all in depending how weathered the rest of the paint is.

hg premier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE , hg premier
i had a quick look today and the omega looks like it is just tape/glue so i might give that a shot tonight and hope for the best :)

cheers for the advice

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
The omega badge shouldn't have holes - they'd likely just be taped - but the holden badge might.

I'd just give it a go - worst case scenario is you put them back on.

Also, you may need some type of adhesive solvent to remove any gunk left behind by the tape. 3M have a good product but it's a little pricey and hard to come by. Or you could try goo remover. I'd be leaving the old eucalyptus oil alone though for paint you want to keep - it can be pretty harsh.

You might need to give the area a good polish as well with a bit of an abrasive compound to blend it all in depending how weathered the rest of the paint is.
^^^^ i wouldnt be using a polish with any abrasives init at all it'll scratch the f#@k out of the paint unless you are using a buff an correct pad , just a good cream polish would do fine

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
^^^^ i wouldnt be using a polish with any abrasives init at all it'll scratch the f#@k out of the paint unless you are using a buff an correct pad , just a good cream polish would do fine

That's what I was implying - just be careful about the machine you use. A good DA is probably best if you're not used to machines. Steer well clear of rotaries if you're a beginner - you're likely to fk up your paint in the first few seconds. Poorboys have abrasives you CAN use by hand but it won't give as good a result as if you used a machine. I wouldn't personally go beyond their SSR1 polish by hand. Too risky. But SSR2 on a white pad would be fine - again, it all depends on the condition of the rest of the paint. Start with the least aggressive option and work your way up. Just need to just see what it all looks like once the badges are off.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
^^^^^^^^^^^^^sorry wernt havin a crack at ya