Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips for removing internal door covers

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Hi Guys,

I want to work on my central locking.

Do you have any tips for removing the internal plastic panels from my car so that i don't break anything.

And what is the best way to get them off the door lock? is a special tool required or can you make something up yourself?

thanks.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
The only tricky bit is popping the red tab off your door lock knob. If you put a bit of a bend in a flat bit of metal it helps to get in around the side of it and lift it up. Aside from that, its 3 screws (1 behind the door lock button, 2 in the hand grip thing) and the window winder is held on by a circlip which you can push off with a flat bladed screwdriver. Then just pull it off. Dont worry about the popping noises, those are just plastic clips that stick back together.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Also for your window winding handle you might need to use a flat blade screw driver to get the little pin out.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The winder handle spring locking clip can be removed easy by using a strong bit of rag and slid around the winder - back n forth just a little. should come off no probs - just dont do it on the lawn.

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ping................................... 2 hours later give up :)

Happened to me too lol, and car key fits perfectly under the winder to push the clip out . I could do it in about 5 seconds flat

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
The only tricky bit is popping the red tab off your door lock knob. If you put a bit of a bend in a flat bit of metal it helps to get in around the side of it and lift it up. Aside from that, its 3 screws (1 behind the door lock button, 2 in the hand grip thing) and the window winder is held on by a circlip which you can push off with a flat bladed screwdriver. Then just pull it off. Dont worry about the popping noises, those are just plastic clips that stick back together.

don't forget the 4 screws in the bottom of the map pocket and the 3 in the vent

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Dunno if it helps, seems as if your questions has already by answered but there is a thread in the how to section in regards to getting the door trim off ;)

Code:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removing-front-door-trim-vn-vs.3912