Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips to removing Plasti-Dip

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on tips to removing Plasti-dip and armour all version of it aswell.

I personally found it quite easy to remove (when i got bored peeling the s@#t lol) by spraying it liberally with just any of the cheap cans of degreaser like the Export stuff from Supercheap Auto or the Masterpart stuff from Autobarn that they all sell for like a dollar a can or something, watch it start to lift a bit, spray a little more to help it along, the blast the hell out of it with a pressure washer!
I found this out by experimenting on my girlfriends excel when all her friends decided to spray plasti-dip all over her car, and i mean EVERYWHERE!!! Wheels, headlights, taillights, windows roof, bonnet, doors. Needless to say i was pissed and abused a few people lol.
For the record I'm not the little stooge in the picture lol
This weekend I'm gonna get it off my wheels on my car. Time to go back to silver lol
If you have your own tips to removing it feel free to share with the class lol

Excel.jpeg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
leave it on, it's an improvement.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
next find a way of removing 'tools' from GF life.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I use a rag and wax and grease remover to get rid of any over spray or hard to reach places.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Whats wrong with Plasti-dip? Haven't done it myself but from what i have seen on this site the results are pretty good.

I was sort of half joking there. It has it's uses i guess.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
My little sister and brother in law have a beat up excel as a second car (we all call it the Sexcel) and this has tempted me to go plastidip the thing.