Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips when painting the dash?

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I just done some of my dash as in a thread on here in vx section

I found that its best to wash the parts in warm hot soapy water and then wash in fresh clean hot water

Give it a like scuff with a scotch bright pad while in the water and the rinse off and let dry in the sun and that should get any grease or armoral (spelling) off the dash and then you wont have seperation

Thats my 2 cents and its worked for me

totality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
I agree ^^^^^

must get the armoural and any oils and dirt off the fascia or else the paint wont stick.
i also used a primer b4 painting.

Thats my fascia you used for an example and if you did it the way BOGANV8 and I suggested it will come out as good if not better.

cheers.

gonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharge S2
and also i found out the hard way DO NOT RUSH IT OR YOU WILL HAVE TO GO OVER IT AGAIN take time in between coats. also i have been told by a number of people VHT brand paint is the way to go ( in spray can that is)

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
VHT is the way to go heaps good paint

but dont rush it otherwise you may get runs in it and just heaps of light coats over it

and put it somewhere dust free to dry i left mine outside and then wind blew it off the cardboard and onto the grass :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

i found when painting it PREP is the key to getting a good finish

just some more 2 cents :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: