Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tire Pressure Monitor

RenegadeRicochet

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
Does anyone know if there is options in the ECU for monitoring the tire pressure?

The old girl got a flat in her Calais V. Shredded the tire out quickly.
I read somewhere years ago that in the US it is mandatory for cars to have "Flat tire indicators" or some type of pressure monitoring since the early '00s.
Since the ZB has a US cousin in the Buick Regal, i thought maybe there might be something integrated into the ECU.

I don't want to use some shitty Ebay special TPMS if there is a GM option.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
It would be possible to add them to the car but it would require sensors in each wheel and a receiver unit. It would then need to be activated and that's the hard part. I have emailed a couple of places and asked if they could ad or remove functions but have not received a reply. I'm sure it is possible but there just isn't the interest in ZB. I would like TPMS and speed sign recognition and can't understand why Holden deleted these options. In my previous car a Ford Everest I had speed sign recognition enabled as it works through the lane keeping cameras. There is a program called Forescan that enables you to configure many things in Ford's. I'm sure there must be such a thing in the GM world.