Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tires n rims myths and facts WM Caprice but applicable to VE's

shiftybigmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
so I went to several tire joints, and I rambled off these questions... and I think the rubber causes brain cell loss. I asked .cCan we fit 9.5 width on the front of my wm and he said "what do you think?... so instead Like a lot of guys I have resorted to conglomerate consensus of you lot (and will purchase my **** online instead of these wankers). ide like to start off with these couple to cement in internet history for others:)

How much extra upkeep is on 22 inch (rubber, bearings, hubs...ect)
How wide can we really go in a staggered setup without rolling guards.(im thinking like 9.5 front and 10 in the back?)

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Sorry mate but I don't have the knowledge to help you, but I had to comment because your post made me furious! So many rude wankers out there who wouldn't know good customer service if it smacked them in the mouth. We go to these people to seek help and advice before handing over our hard earned because they are suppose to be the 'professionals', yet they make us feel like idiots if we have to ask something we're not sure about. They then cry foul when their businesses are struggling because shoppers are turning to online stores more and more. If they concentrated on enhancing the point of difference (between them and online stores), being the customer service aspect, maybe their businesses would strive, as I for one would be happy to spend a little extra for good old fashioned, face to face, trustworthy and kind service.

I love cars, I know what I like when I see it, and I envy those who are knowledgeable when it comes to all things on 4 wheels. Unfortunately I didn't have a father around to teach me as a kid when many did, so I'm a late bloomer who relies on the advice of others for knowledge and advice. I'm the type that shut ups and listens so the last thing I need is to be treated like an idiot when seeking advice from these so called professionals. Arrogance at it's finest!

Sorry for the angry rant and semi high jack of your thread, but a nerve was struck when reading your post, as I read most as part of my home schooling.

Now people, please help this man so he can get the info he needs to spend his hard earned online! And suck **** to the wanker who smartarsed his way out of a sale.

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
In terms of how wide can you go depends on if your car is lowered. You will fit 9.5 on your front easily with or without lowering providing the offset is about 40 and you run a 255/35/20 tyre or even a 245/35/20. The rear will depend on how low you are. If you are at standard height you can most probably run a 10 at about et 42 with a 255/35/20 but if you dont want to roll your gaurds and it's lowered i would be looking at a 10" with a offset of about 47 to 50 but still running a 255/35/20. :) I should say that is for 20's for 22's i don't have much experiance with, other than to fit tyres the rolling diameter becomes more than 15mm making them illegal. Also the amount of 22's that i have seen with cracks in the rims because tyres don't have enough sidewall is to many to count.