Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To buy or not to buy??...VE SS or new model....

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
well on my first drive i not only picked up the ute but also got my internet bride delivered, so to coin a phrase i had a root in my ute and the mattress been in there ever since..

lolol

I just took mine to a bbq area and took photos! (the car, that is...)

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
well well ! the hits just a keep on comin' !!!!

remserv bloke just off the phone.. i was telling him about our(my :D) swithering and considering a 50th anny xr6t as well as the SS ! he said and i quote " i can get you a new 2011 manual SS in any colour with touch screen stuff (didnt know anything about the 2011 spec) for a skitter over 40k:hmmm:
so i thought i'd test his companies buying skills and asked him for a price for a 50th anny xr6t which i know are 45K + so we'll see how we go very soon !

and before anyone says, yeah yeah, i know we're indecisive ! :rofl2:

Last edited:

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
well well ! the hits just a keep on comin' !!!!

remserv bloke just off the phone.. i was telling him about our(my :D) swithering and considering a 50th anny xr6t as well as the SS ! he said and i quote " i can get you a new 2011 manual SS in any colour with touch screen stuff (didnt know anything about the 2011 spec) for a skitter over 40k:hmmm:
so i thought i'd test his companies buying skills and asked him for a price for a 50th anny xr6t which i know are 45K + so we'll see how we go very soon !

and before anyone says, yeah yeah, i know we're indecisive ! :rofl2:

is this for a ute or sedan or wagon

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
sedan.... its all hanging on a phonecall tomorrow ! finance is all set and just awaiting availability so by tomorrow i'll be the owner of a 50th anniversary xr6t manual in silver (2 in QLD) or a VE SS manual in black.......sick of dealers not stepping up to the plate.. i mean, they dont have to sell me hard, itsd a two horse race and the cash is waiting...how hard can it be for these knob jockey's ! ???/

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
sedan.... its all hanging on a phonecall tomorrow ! finance is all set and just awaiting availability so by tomorrow i'll be the owner of a 50th anniversary xr6t manual in silver (2 in QLD) or a VE SS manual in black.......sick of dealers not stepping up to the plate.. i mean, they dont have to sell me hard, itsd a two horse race and the cash is waiting...how hard can it be for these knob jockey's ! ???/

woah - looking forward to see whats the outcome !

I am bias, being an owner of VE SS V wagon, if you get the 2011 Black VE SS it will look **** hot & chick magnet, they love all this "hands on gadget stuff"

I had to "grin" yesterday when few mothers were eyeing up our wagon & commented on how their husbands would have to "kill" me to get one of these wagons, puts a smile on my dial and they know it from judging the "smug" look on my face.

Attachments

• P1000146.JPG
    P1000146.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
woah - looking forward to see whats the outcome !

I am bias, being an owner of VE SS V wagon, if you get the 2011 Black VE SS it will look **** hot & chick magnet, they love all this "hands on gadget stuff"

I had to "grin" yesterday when few mothers were eyeing up our wagon & commented on how their husbands would have to "kill" me to get one of these wagons, puts a smile on my dial and they know it from judging the "smug" look on my face.

Haha agreed! Gotta love when you pull up and people stop and stare ;)

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
well ! its been a **** fight for the dealers as i shopped about and it turns out theres one silver manual in QLD and none more country wide for sale according to CRC ford australia !
the dealer who has it got wind of us by way of 3 other local to us dealers trying to swap it out from them ! :D so ...........

going down tomorrow to check it out ! its on purchase order ! they had 2 silver cars, one auto and one manual...the manual was supposed to have been keyed down the side as the enquiring dealers told me so but apparently its the auto thats damaged and has gone to get painted(info from the holding dealer Q FORD springwood !)....we'll see tomorrow what the REAL story is and that'll be the end of it ! if its not 100% then its straight back to collect the SS ! simple as that !

anyway, wish me luck or not !:axe:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
well ! its been a **** fight for the dealers as i shopped about and it turns out theres one silver manual in QLD and none more country wide for sale according to CRC ford australia !
the dealer who has it got wind of us by way of 3 other local to us dealers trying to swap it out from them ! :D so ...........

going down tomorrow to check it out ! its on purchase order ! they had 2 silver cars, one auto and one manual...the manual was supposed to have been keyed down the side as the enquiring dealers told me so but apparently its the auto thats damaged and has gone to get painted(info from the holding dealer Q FORD springwood !)....we'll see tomorrow what the REAL story is and that'll be the end of it ! if its not 100% then its straight back to collect the SS ! simple as that !

Good luck mate!

In regards to the 'keying', you should hope it was the manual. As if it was and its been repaired then they cant technically sell it as a 'NEW' vehicle anymore. Which means you should be able to get a hefty price discount on it ;)
same thing applies if a car yard cops hail damage etc. all their cars aren't classed as new anymore so u can pick up a bargain.

See how u go anyway

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon

we have a winner - The 2011 VE SS reigns supreme