Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To Buy Or Not to Buy

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I am looking at buying a vl but i do not want to buy a money pit. I have found one i like but it needs a battary and a new radiator. It does not come with a RWC. I thought i might ask to have a road worthy test done and see my options. What do you guys think i should do?

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
a new radiator and battery is usually advised to replace cos its easy to do, but has the bloke told you of any other problems? are they a mech?

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
a new radiator and battery is usually advised to replace cos its easy to do, but has the bloke told you of any other problems? are they a mech?

Na he is not that is why i want to know what you guys would do knowing my luck i would buy a money pit. Heres the link Holden Commodore VL Manual LPG!!! - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jun-09 13:47:52 AEST)

I might go have a look tomoz. What do you think about getting a road worthy done?

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
looks ok from the one pic he has up
yuo'll need to chase up the front bumper trims, and i'd also grab a spare afm and cas just incase anything's gone wrong while its been sitting. havign said that, mine sat for nearly 2 years and started second crank when i crashed the hilux..

how much are you going to offer him?
if you could pick it up for a few hundred and drop in a radiator and battery and grab an afm and cas, for about 300/500 more you could have a nice little runaround..

be prepared to be shunned for life as a vl driver though...

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
looks like a box of **** to me.
i think youll find rust all through it - even though it may not look like theres much in the pics, i bet you can find a heap more.
check the boot to start with - if you can see ground - go home.
I can see the base corner of the windscreen has rusted through as well and thats only whats visible from the crap pics.
The rear window doesnt look alot better either.
have a look but i wouldnt go spending anymore than a couple of hundred on it.
Im willing to bet its got the wrong side of 250000km on it as well.

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
looks ok from the one pic he has up
yuo'll need to chase up the front bumper trims, and i'd also grab a spare afm and cas just incase anything's gone wrong while its been sitting. havign said that, mine sat for nearly 2 years and started second crank when i crashed the hilux..

how much are you going to offer him?
if you could pick it up for a few hundred and drop in a radiator and battery and grab an afm and cas, for about 300/500 more you could have a nice little runaround..

be prepared to be shunned for life as a vl driver though...

I was going to offer $250 thats it.