Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To Buy Or not to buy

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
do what your heart tells you because your brain will tell you ANY new car is a bad financial decision full stop.

some ppl just want new cars and prefer to pay the premium so if thats what you want then go and order that VE....but sell your car privately coz you definitaley will get more.

me personally, wouldnt upgrade for a couple of reasons:
1. i dont like buying series one...especially new and yes i have read comments above so flame me if you like
2. you have a near new VZ in perfect working condition and the fact that you have put so little kms on it its not worth giving up

but at the end of the day its your decision and remember make it with your heart and not your mind

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
blackahcdx said:
did u drive the VE?

if not then do urself a favour and drive it, then u will know what to do ;)

LOL you are a Holden salesman are you not? Sorry no offence intended just seems like you were doing your job there haha. I do agree with you though.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
BTW U could prb confirm this but I heard they have sold around 3000 Private VE's not to mention the fleet. and i heard they they are struggling to keep up the suppliers especially. You would know about this wouldnt u?

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I know HSV's are a different bag, but I was told today that if I ordered a VE Clubsport today, I might get it by Christmas. Also heard somewhere that VE's are selling much faster than expected.... long waiting lists coming.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
Keep the replies coming I read every one and there is a good cross section of replies and I'am begining to realise that most are right I would be throwing money down the drain, I am not sure if there is going to be a series 2 anymore just another model.:thumbsup:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well if you can wait a year and a half, then you should get direct injection which means 10% better fuel economy and 12% more power plus I would think the 6 speed auto (6L50 for the V6 not the current 6L80 used in the V8's) will be an option as well on the Omega and Berlina's too as it is now an option on the BF II. So I say wait 18 months as they are pretty big upgrades in my opinion.

But of course you could wait forever as there will always be upgrades... I just think things like a 6 speed auto and direct injection do not come in with every model, and drivetrain upgrades such as those are more important imo than slight facelifts or small interior changes as in the long run, they will make no difference to the value of the car, where as drivetrain upgrades such as these will remain a big selling point.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Ronaldw said:
I am not sure if there is going to be a series 2 anymore just another model.

There will be a VE II... Give it 12 - 18 months or so. Just like there will be a VF which will also facelift the VE & VE II (think VT to VX).

I predict the benefits for waiting for a VE II are:

DoD for the V8s.
Direct Injection.
Diesel and/or Turbo Diesel Engine options.
6 Speed Automatic. At least for the SV6, Calais and Calais V. The Omega and Berlina may just get the current 5 Speed but I doubt the 4 Speed will see another update.
Flip Keys standard across the range (at least they're optional for the models that don't have them as standard at the moment).
And of course all the refinement and tweaking changes that happen for all Series IIs.

These are just some of the options Holden has. Whether or not they choose to do all or some (or god forbid, ANY) of these hanges for the VE II or leave some for the VF remains to be seen. But the focus for VE II to VF will be styling/looks.

Can anyone else predict what the VE II will get? What changes etc?

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
1991_Vn2nV said:
drivetrain upgrades such as these [see 1991_Vn2nV's previous post] will remain a big selling point.

To who? Fleet buyers don't care and they're the biggest segment of buyers - meaning most second hand cars will be whatever the fleers buy. Mums and Dads want a functional, economical & safe car that also looks good to them. The "how" and "why" of a car is not important to them. The enthusiast (still the minority) is the only buyer that will choose to wait for technology such as direct injection or a 6 speed auto.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
There will be a VE II... Give it 12 - 18 months or so. Just like there will be a VF which will also facelift the VE & VE II (think VT to VX).

I predict the benefits for waiting for a VE II are:

DoD for the V8s.
Direct Injection.
Diesel and/or Turbo Diesel Engine options.
6 Speed Automatic. At least for the SV6, Calais and Calais V. The Omega and Berlina may just get the current 5 Speed but I doubt the 4 Speed will see another update.
Flip Keys standard across the range (at least they're optional for the models that don't have them as standard at the moment).
And of course all the refinement and tweaking changes that happen for all Series IIs.

These are just some of the options Holden has. Whether or not they choose to do all or some (or god forbid, ANY) of these hanges for the VE II or leave some for the VF remains to be seen. But the focus for VE II to VF will be styling/looks.

Can anyone else predict what the VE II will get? What changes etc?

All agreed with except for DOD for the V8's. The L98 is no longer compatible with GM's DOD system, unlike the L76 which was in the VZ. No DOD for VE V8's.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
To who? Fleet buyers don't care and they're the biggest segment of buyers - meaning most second hand cars will be whatever the fleers buy. Mums and Dads want a functional, economical & safe car that also looks good to them. The "how" and "why" of a car is not important to them. The enthusiast (still the minority) is the only buyer that will choose to wait for technology such as direct injection or a 6 speed auto.

If you read my post correctly and didnt quote out of context you would notice I am talking about the VALUE OF THE CAR, i.e. when selling. A VE series 2 with direct injection, 10% more fuel efficient, 12% more power and a 6 speed auto amongst other changes will be worth much more in a few years than a 4 speed auto Omega without direct injection.

We are not talking about fleet buyers here, this is a private buyer. And look at a carby 3.3L VK compared to the fuel injected version... Over the years which was worth more? This is the same situation with direct injection.

Plus are you telling me that fleet buyers arent interested in 10% better fuel economy for their fleet cars?! If I was a fleet buyer and had say 20 VE's, I wouldnt mind saving 10% fuel every week per car... that means pretty large savings across the board! We are talking equivalent fuel economy here to the 4 cylinder Toyota Camry, if not LESS with the 6 speed auto.