Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To debadge or not to debadge???

dtrain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Ok,

It's been a question plaguing me since I decided to buy our New VE SS Sedan. Yes thats an SS not SS-V, Why didn't we get the SS-V, well thats a completely new thread. Anyway I was wondering what other peoples opinions are on debadging the car. My concern is that aside from the SS embroided on the seats and the quad exhaust there is nothing to set it apart from the SV6. We paid the extra for the SS so should I leave the badges on? I debadged our our old Exec with an SS body kit to keep people guessing but this some what feels different. What do you think??

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
your rims are different from the sv6

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Keep the badges, I think that they look good.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Ok,

It's been a question plaguing me since I decided to buy our New VE SS Sedan. Yes thats an SS not SS-V, Why didn't we get the SS-V, well thats a completely new thread. Anyway I was wondering what other peoples opinions are on debadging the car. My concern is that aside from the SS embroided on the seats and the quad exhaust there is nothing to set it apart from the SV6. We paid the extra for the SS so should I leave the badges on? I debadged our our old Exec with an SS body kit to keep people guessing but this some what feels different. What do you think??

ive got an idea, debage it, stick a lumpy cam in it, a big go-get-f**ked exhaust, than if anyone confuses it with a v6 you have the right to shoot them,

problem solved:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
why should it matter if people think you have an SV6? if you think it looks better with them off then take them off. i took all the badges i could take off from my ute and it looks cleaner and neater.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
The only ppl that know the difference between what an SV6 is and an SS would prob be a holden fan or someone who knows a bit about cars.
So if ppl see the car there gonna know through the exhaust tips that its the 8.
Everyone else wont care, Plus did you pay the extra for the badges ??? or the performance, who cares what ppl will think.