Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To Goo or not To Goo

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Personal choice.....You could put it in and see if it seals properly.....If it doesn't seal, you could always use manuseal.....I have used stuff to seal the flange between the extractors and exhaust system, without a gasket in between.....Been like that for 5 years now and still no exhaust leak...Only did it, because it was a Sunday when the I changed the exhaust system and I couldn't find a place that sold the right gasket, so I used what was on hand....And considering it's sealing, I work on the principal, it ain't broke, so pointless fixing it

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I use copper orange RTV. A number of exhaust shops use it as does the mech who is local to me.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I prefer a good crush on the gaskets without any sealant.
I do have one slight leak, but it's back near diff so not affecting O2 readings. I might swing on bolts harder to see if that fixes it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't remember the member name but he is an exhaust fitter and he always uses hi temp RTV. He doesn't get on often anymore. I think with parts being so old they can slightly warp over time. It may not be needed but its more just safe practice.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Can't remember the member name but he is an exhaust fitter and he always uses hi temp RTV. He doesn't get on often anymore. I think with parts being so old they can slightly warp over time. It may not be needed but its more just safe practice.
You mean NAAF? (not an abba fan)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes that's him.