Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

to straight GAS or Dual....

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys.. got lpg going in very soon,

im thinking of running straight gas, then i can remove my cat converter due to emmisions and regain power... and remove my petrol tank to get rid of some weight, on the other hand petrol would be useful incase i run outta gas...

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
think more about premiture motor wear before anything else and then weigh up your options, upper cylinder lube cann be good but for how long you know what i mean

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
or look into gas injection

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
My previous motor was on gas for 16years... Only reason i changed motors i found a SV3800 Motor for cheap... This motor 2years on gas an still going hard...

Cheers
MaT

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
CSL said:
think more about premiture motor wear before anything else and then weigh up your options, upper cylinder lube cann be good but for how long you know what i mean

If you are running hardened valve seats (and all unleaded motors do) you would be very unlucky to run into problems due to poor lubrication of the inlet valves. If LPG is so incredibly bad for the valvetrain why is it that taxi's can commonly get upwards of 500,000km being run on LPG only without a single valve failure? Every single sob story I have heard about LPG killing valve gear has been because some numbnuts has run LPG on an engine designed for leaded petrol with soft valve seats, (there was a perfect example in another recent LPG thread around here actually) the effect is similar to if they ran straight unleaded in it. So in a VN which is what the dude is talking about, gas would do just fine, if you wanna be really careful upper cylinder lube wont hurt.

In answer to the original question, straight gas all the way. The one and only reason to stay dual fuel is in case you run it out of fuel which is never a good idea anyway. That problem has a simple solution as well, don't run the bugger out of fuel.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I like dual, I can get 550km tank of gas, 500km tank of petrol...

Means i can drive for 1000km Highway or Interstate..... Without having to fill up...

Cheers
MaT

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Straight gas is the only way, it leaves you with so many options for legal modifications that you didn't have before that there's no sense running dual fuel

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
I'll go stright gas if I use the gas injectors also if I'm rebuilding my engine specifically for gas.

Cheers

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Straight Gas, Get gasresearch happening.