Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To swap or not to swap....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh dear, I don't want to keep looking at this thread, but I can't stop myself...... It's like when you block someone on the forum but still feel the need to have a peak at what they have written regardless..... :confused: :confused:

P

Pauldw500

the ve hsv has the main beam, then button pulled out is main beam and fog lights, then when high beam is on the button pulled out is the extended high beam lights on as well
That makes sense... I just have no main or anything with button out, unless high beam is on so that's the extended I guess...

Hopefully it's bulbs as they would've had a bolt of 16v at least, prob more I dunno...

P

Pauldw500

Oh dear, I don't want to keep looking at this thread, but I can't stop myself...... It's like when you block someone on the forum but still feel the need to have a peak at what they have written regardless..... :confused: :confused:
It's a bit ongoing I know, and I constantly think should I just do a new thread about the latest and greatest problem, but I throw it here. If there's a problem a moderator will move or close it. Sorry :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's a bit ongoing I know, and I constantly think should I just do a new thread about the latest and greatest problem, but I throw it here. If there's a problem a moderator will move or close it. Sorry :D
Having been through similar with the VR ute and having to repair and sort out so much dodgy work from a PO, I have an idea what you're going through..... I wish you'd kept the old car and bike, but it's too late now, you just have to work through the multiple problems and hope that you don't become a slave to the new bus.......

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
That makes sense... I just have no main or anything with button out, unless high beam is on so that's the extended I guess...

Hopefully it's bulbs as they would've had a bolt of 16v at least, prob more I dunno...
at night when the lights are on the alternator charging should go down into the mid 14v as the higher voltage can damage the bulbs so if u were getting 17v then it prob killed the bulbs as they are not standard type bulbs

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if this was all happening to a standard commodore it prob be annoying and not worth it, but u have a HSV and once sorted out it will always be worth more in the future and worth a little pain now

P

Pauldw500

if this was all happening to a standard commodore it prob be annoying and not worth it, but u have a HSV and once sorted out it will always be worth more in the future and worth a little pain now
This car is in better shape than my SS was. It has a few small dents here and there but overall the paint is pretty good. Just need to sort out ole mates bastardisation of things and she'll be right... :)

P

Pauldw500

Boom!!

Screenshot_20220325-100426_Gallery.jpg

:)

P

Pauldw500

So yes all bulbs were blown so swapped out and we're all sorted now, all lights are working. Had cause to go out twice earlier today. Drove prob 50ks. A bit of stop starting and 1 drive down a quiet road where my boot slipped on the throttle and I hit 7k rpm I think. No error or warning lights, even the one for the OPS which is still faulty didn't trigger.

Thanks for the advice and patience, this thread can be put to sleep now... :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Now we need a build thread.