Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

today defines the beggining aka no more smoking

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
today begins the rest of my life im 17 been smoking for 2 years now and its become a 2 pack a day addiction, not long ago i decided enoughs enough and cut down drastically to a pack a day and this week i started my apprenticeship and ive come to the realisation money will no longer be flowing as it was so now is the perfect time to quit smoking so ive been limiting myself this week and have had 1 packet lasting me 2 days the withdrawles have begun with huge headaches and a bad cough i have a feeling my throat is inflammed due to the large amount of pain coming from it.

But yeh just letting every1 know on this lovely forum that i have made the big step before i let it affect me to much with my daily activities!

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
good luck mate. hope it works out for you

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hang in there mate and good luck try and not drink as well cause it makes it harder

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
lol it must be goin round, i picked up a pack of patches today, and have only had a couple of smokes, which is a major cut down for me. been smoking for 6years. for the first time i havent needed to have a smoke, these patches are amazing. yes they are expensive, but not as much as a weeks supply of darts. cravings are almost nothing now.

congrats on the decision and all the best mate, i know what your going through, seriously do yourself a favour, grab the patches.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
lol it must be goin round, i picked up a pack of patches today, and have only had a couple of smokes, which is a major cut down for me. been smoking for 6years. for the first time i havent needed to have a smoke, these patches are amazing. yes they are expensive, but not as much as a weeks supply of darts. cravings are almost nothing now.

congrats on the decision and all the best mate, i know what your going through, seriously do yourself a favour, grab the patches.

ill try cold turkey till next week when i get paid if it doesnt work patches all round!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
tooth picks became my friend

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ill try cold turkey till next week when i get paid if it doesnt work patches all round!

lol ur a brave man!! this week will be tough, like above, drinking is not your friend for the next couple of drinks. What i've found in the past, still go outside for the real fresh air every now n again so u still get that break, it does make a difference.

tooth picks became my friend

at least toothpicks dont rot ur teeth, i've got a couple of packets of kapiko's thats been copping a hiding ;)

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
lucky i dont drink much im the dd and happy to do so as long as i get money :) but yeh the main reason for quitting is im an apprentice now ill be lucky to make 300 a week and 87 is a HUGE chunk of that so i already planned to save 100 a week so now i can save 190 almost double the original amount just my quitting a stupid habit vs ss here we come! 87 a week is 348 a month that over a year is 4176 **** im an idiot!

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
well done.
most of it is in your mind though, the headaches etc.
i smoked for 15 years and was buying a pack of 50's every single day (add that up!!) till one morning i woke up and came to the realisation that for the last 10 hours i had been asleep, id already quit and the hardest part is already over.
i emptied the ashtrays, put my half pack of smokes on the fridge and decided to see how long i could go before i gave in.
the trick is to have that half pack of smokes sitting there.
if you give in, its no big deal.
if you give in and have to go and buy a new pack of smokes, its IS a big deal and thats the sort of thing that makes you feel like a failure.
you should also not be told that quitting is hard either - it isnt, its a mind set.
if you believe it is hard and that you cant do it, you will never be able to do it.
i started with the mindset that i had already quit for the last 10 hours i was asleep and realistically, what withdrawls do you have when your asleep - none at all, so why should it be any different when im awake?
it shouldnt.
it was kinda like a game for me, i went the first day, knowing full well i could go grab a smoke any old time i wanted but i wanted to see how long it would take before i got these "mad cravings" and "wanted to kill" feelings that you so often hear about.
it never happened.
the first day came, the first day went.
woke up the second day, and it was the same thing.
didnt feel like a smoke, didnt have kill feelings either.
i figured id give myself 3 days and then i may as well call it done, id have quit smoking.
day 3 came and gone, no cravings, nothing.
smokers started to smell, the dryness in the mouth was going, i slept a bit better too.

so anyway, a week later, when you get this far, you will have the most stinking-ist crap youve ever had in your life - dead serious!
you will gag on your own smell, i kid you not, it is horrid.
all the toxins and chemicals have worked their way out of your system.
this is the point where food starts to taste different, you can pick a smoker as soon as they come near you - they actually do stink.
after a couple of weeks, you can breath a lot better, food tastes completely different (especially if you havent had something for ages) and if it hasnt already happened, you can be around smokers without being tempted.
your first real test - give yourself at least 2 weeks - is your first drink after quitting.
if you can have a couple of drinks and not have a smoke - your done, youve quit.

i quit over 2 years ago, i personally found it to be stupidly easy, no agro, no cravings, no eating the fridge, nothing at all.
if i had have been told how easy it really was, i would have quit years ago but like everyone else, i believed i couldnt do it - thats what we've all been told.

you dont need to cut down, you dont need patches or this other B>S stuff they have.
just get up and give up.
it really is that simple.

dont go telling everyone either till at least a week.
the less people know about it, the less pressure there is on you to not fail.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
good effort mate and im not being rude in what i say here but unfortunetly what works for one person doesnt always work for others i know your way worked perfectly for u coz like u sed u thought patches were bs so u dismissed it but i have faith that they could work so they may just work as u sed its a lot like mind over matter if u believe it, it will happen i know someone that quit from hypnosis coz he was open to the idea but im not so i doubt it would work but yeh unfortunetly every1 is different in the way they do things still none the less good advice and i appreciate the support :thumbsup: