Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

today defines the beggining aka no more smoking

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
The doctors over here have a plan of patches I think its 12 weeks worth, you have to go see a nurse once a week (free) and the patches cost $2.50 a week.
In saying that Im still a full time smoker and tried patches, down fall to patches are they crazy scary dreams and the fact that if you smoke while on patches your getting worse off, when I came off patches and didn't quit I found myself smoking more than I did before the patches.

Patches are a good idea, but I seemed to rely on them more than the smokes, yes nicotine replacement is a good idea, but its still alot in your head that you need to sort out.

EDIT: I've been smoking for 6 years now. (23yo)

^^ Yeah man, when I tried them and left them on at night I had crazy scary dreams too! hahaa Freaky hey. They felt just so real! Always would wake up in a sweat after too.

i can say day 1 of cold turkey failed drastically because i was around it to much my weekend im gonna be at home coz im ill and dont have money so these next 2 days should be a good thing for me

Best time to stop mate is when your crook! I found it easy, I tried having one and would just cough my ring up. You still want them but you can't physically smoke them so I reckon this is the best time to try and stop.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
ill try cold turkey till next week when i get paid if it doesnt work patches all round!

try the patches

i tried and failed several times going cold turkey
usually only lasted a couple of days.

in the end i used the patches and realised after about 2 weeks i could then get by without them.

it's now more than 4 years since i last smoked

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
goodluck man,
i tried quitting, i lasted a day, Patches just made me itchy and feel sick
but hang in there dude.

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Remember that once you quit smoking, you cant just start hitting up the mull!

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
goodluck man,
i tried quitting, i lasted a day, Patches just made me itchy and feel sick
but hang in there dude.

Yeah true, I would get a rash and feel sick funny or not. The first time I tried them my arm broke out in hives! haha

Remember that once you quit smoking, you cant just start hitting up the mull!

Ha! I know a mate that thinks that's ok since he has quit the smokes.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I've never smoked, well, to an addiction level... But i've helped a few people get off smoking. You've the the right attitude, you actually WANT to quit! For whatever reason. That's the most important thing! Some people dont like the gum taste and the patches dont work for them, but due to their will power they were still able to quit. Once you've had your last cigarette within a few days you should notice your getting a lot healthier!

Check the benefits of quitting here: Benefits of quitting - Quit Victoria

Yes it will take something like 10 years to get the tar out of your lungs, but definatly worth it!

Just keep at it! :)

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
well done.
most of it is in your mind though, the headaches etc.
i smoked for 15 years and was buying a pack of 50's every single day (add that up!!)

5475 packs

273750 smokes
Dayum.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
well done.
i smoked for 15 years and was buying a pack of 50's every single day (add that up!!)

5475 packs

273750 smokes
Dayum.

i actually thought it would be more impressive than that.
i wonder if thats enough smokes to circle the world if they were laid end to end?

Seriously though, i know my lungs are in a lot better condition than they were when i smoked, id still hate to see what they would look like after that many smokes.
Even after all that (both before and after I quit) i had fitness tests done and my lung capacity was still above average.

But, looking at numbers like that, I'd have to be a prime candidate for some form of cancer after all that.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
well done.

5475 packs

273750 smokes
Dayum.

5475 packs at $8 per pack, just for want of an average figure = $43,800

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
5475 packs at $8 per pack, just for want of an average figure = $43,800

i wish!.
they were $18.xx a pack when i stopped, that was at Safeway.
at the local petrol station they were $20.xx.
Id say a better average would be more around the $14 mark (i smoked a lot more that last 5 or so years).
i know a pack of P.J 30's were around the $2.30 mark in 1985, not that that means much (yes, the days when a 7 year old could buy smokes at the local milk bar - for my step mum - not me).
i think a pack of P.J 30's in 1995 were wround the $6 or $8 mark - cant really remember.
would be interesting to see what smokes have cost each year, just to get a true representation of what it really has cost.