Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Today's first world problem: My seat will not go up as high as it did in my old car. Why?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I have two identical VX Berlinas. In "Vanessa", the driver's seat could be raised higher than the driver's seat can in "Geraldine". They both go up and down with the lever on the side, just one notably more than the other. Why, and how do I make it so I can sit a whole 2 inches higher than I currently am and not feel like I'm dropping into a hole when I get in my car?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Do the seat frames go up to different heights, or is "Geraldine's" seat foam or seatbase buggered, and sagging ?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Place the seat in the highest position
Disconnect the battery and touch the leads together to remove any left over power
Remove seat, turn upside down and look at mechanism
I had one that had been played with and I had to unbolt the mechanism and reposition it to allow the seat to go higher
The long threads to the left of pic are the adjusters

Attachments

• DSCN0962.JPG
    DSCN0962.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do the seat frames go up to different heights, or is "Geraldine's" seat foam or seatbase buggered, and sagging ?
I don't think so, because it doesn't feel any softer than Vanessa's. Did recently discover that there's two different cushion support structures when my son replaced his seat for a roadworthy - one is a metal mesh, the other a nylon strap affair if I remember correctly. His car is a VT though, but tbh I've not looked to see what mine are. Could be the difference, but I don't think so.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Place the seat in the highest position
Disconnect the battery and touch the leads together to remove any left over power
Remove seat, turn upside down and look at mechanism
I had one that had been played with and I had to unbolt the mechanism and reposition it to allow the seat to go higher
The long threads to the left of pic are the adjusters
That second line should be bold and underlined lol. I still have nightmares where I start my car up and hear the bips and see the f*cking airbag light... I actually sell stickers on ebay LTBL.jpgAnyway, I'll send the endoscope under the seat and see what happens when it moves. Thanks for the suggestion.