Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

toey's wm caprice

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
well guys my old ss had to go due to my wife doing her back in and not being able to ride in the car let alone drive it. so we went for some comfort and got a wm caprice. we picked it up 4 weeks ago (16/10/10) in canberra, and i had it in the dubbo car show (23+24/10/10) after it copped a 3 stage polish to bring the paint back to life after the car yard detailer had his way with it

its evoke in colour, has 6L L98, sunroof, black leather, electric/auto everything, 20" supersports.

mods on the list so far are, new 20" dtm flair's, lowered with kings and koni reds, tints, vcm otr, delft maloo custom tune, full exhaust or atleast 4>1's and cats with stock cat back to keep the noise down.

anyways enough talk and on with the pics
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

i have no interior pics yet but will get some this week and post them up. the big girl will also be getting 3 little dints poped out in 2 weeks when i go to sydney and it will be all but perfect bar a few chips but that is to be expected for a car with 58000 km on the clock

Last edited:

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
well a bit of an update.

the limo is now sporting 2 lovely dings in it. one on the passanger rear door right in the middle and the other is in the drivers rear quarter. both are not little so the scum must of really threw the door out. these came in the space of 2 days last week :(

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
ummmm... Caprice is stock with FE2 and the 20s will make it ever stiffer than a stock SS.

For a soft ride the Statesman is where it's at.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
lol......yeah the vy ss was far from stock. ride height was 320mm hub to gaurd front and 305mm rear so ride was rought to say the least. then throw in the z grip clutch. her back would never heal

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Well a bit of an update, the limo is in at "the dint man" in castle hill getting all the little dings out. Should be all nice n straight in couple of hours.

Also getting it tinted tomorrow, finally!! Pics will be taken when I get home :)

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
well a bit of a long overdue update.

since last post i have had 8 carpark dints popped out by "the dent man" in castle hill. also had a lovely big dent installed by some low life who drove off with no details left. that has been repaired aswell.

also fitted a bee sting ariel and replaced all the yellow heligen globes with white leds, 23 of them in total

pick up a 2nd hand diff next thursday when i go to sydney. tracked down a 40000km old 3.27 lsd centre out of a auto ve clubby for the pricley sum of $200. also getting a superpro diff mount bush kit to install with the diff.

the windows also got tinted back in january and what a difference that made to the comfort in the cab and looks 10x better to boot.

rims are still damaged :( but that will be addressed one day.

the paintwork has also been getting alot of loving and still looks almost like new apart from the normal stone chips on the front end which is to be expected with a daily driver with 76000km on the clock.

took some pics the other night and just some random ones added in too
IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
got the diff fitted at castle hill exhausts last thursday while i was in sydney. car now feels so much faster off the line which will have a bit to do with the 8% more torque and the shorter gears but its now getting all the power to the ground rather then spinning one wheel and cutting power.

also got a set of king springs for xmas from the missus sitting in the shed waiting to be fitted next month (hopefully). holding off to get some koni's to go in with them. was going to go with the reds but have been talked in to getting fsd'd instead.

missus also got me a couple hdt billet oil caps to dress up the engine. i have since ordered the rest of them so i should have them next week.

and finally, on thursday i started to prep me stock engine cover so i can paint it. primed it, blocked it, primed it again, blocked it again. got a couple of spots to fill and sand back again then it will be ready for paint. probly put 6-7 hours into it so far, mainly all sanding the fiddly bits but it will be worth it in the long run. will be painting it red hot and the solid black from the r35 gtr's, all done in 2k.

will get some pics up soon. cant wait to see it all done