Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tomi's VS Manual Ute :D

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Not just yet.. I just need to go get a new thermostat Gasket and I think i'll do it tomorrow or the day after :) I have heard something about a pressure release valve that sound's difficult so I'm not sure if i should get professional help or not lol.. Heard anything about some pressure screw? anything to be worried about?

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Good progress so far... It has potential for sure!
Just wanted to give you the heads up with those pipes, some (not all) but some radiator hoses don't actually have a spring embedded in the plastic mould . The reason for this is because the cooling system is under pressure when operating and the spring stops the pipes collapsing in on themselves, thus creating a blockage for your coolant.
I got caught out one day with that ****, I was mislead into thinking I was getting higher spec and quality in pipes when in actual fact these pipes were only for show and were never meant to be used in an every day application.

Also, I like the head unit, I have the same. Great and functional iPod connectivity.
Keep up the good work.

joeyoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Considering its a proper factory 3 seater with proper unbroken trim pieces im not surprised that someones willing to pay top coin for it, mechanicals are easy as piss to come by, those interior pieces are damn hard to find and even more damn expensive to buy
I'd be thinking long and hard if you decide to sell it. I regret selling my 3 seater at times and I replaced it with a VF haha

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
So I can look inside the pipe's to find the spring? and if I have the spring's inside my pipes don't use my new ones? and the head unit is actually pretty good! I thought sony was just good bang for buck and I was gonna buy alpine or pioneer very soon after installing the head unit.. but using it for a while now, it's actually nice :)
Also got some pinstripe's for the tail light's and put that on tonight :) look's pretty good.. will upload photo's tomorrow :)

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
And i don't think i am selling it now :/ Guy might have been a scammer because he was happy to pay over the internet even before he came and took a look at the car lol and as soon as I asked him for detail's the guy has not replied since :( Would have definitely got another vs ute but the main thing is that if i can get more than what i paid than I'm going for it.. and i also always wanted a black ute but ahh well :) the white is growing on me.

I went for a drive with a mate the other day (at a track!!) and when it's just me in the car it only rip's one wheel! but with his weight balancing my ute out I managed to spin both wheels and fishy tailed after a corner ;) soo mad! and going to the track is the best because your not looking over your shoulder for cop's!!

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Here is my tail light's with the pin strip :) Not sure on if I want it on all three part's of the tail light's or on just the brake's so let me know what you think :)

IMG_1577JPG_zps0afce20b.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1575JPG_zpsa8996693.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1571JPG_zpse45c8c13.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think I'm getting a mini spool diff centre soon, I'll keep you guys posted :)

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Nah, you won't see a spring in the pipe itself, the spring is actually with in the plastic/rubber mould. Try this... with 2 or 3 fingers, squeeze your new pipes. If both walls of the pipes are touching with ease then they have no spring in them, on a GM one or similar, if you try the same it's very very difficult to achieve that test.
Pinstripes on your lights look nice. Good work.
Not sure about the mini spool though....

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hahahah yeah soo pissed about the pin strip :( I love the right hand side and went to do the same to the whole left... and I did the brake and the reverse fine but when i got to the top left blinker I ran out :( so I need to spend another $10 for a few very small pieces and chuck the other majority out or give it away lol and i'll have a look at those pipe's soon and give them a squeeze test :)

And I got the gear boot from ebay ( CAR Black Leather RED Stitch Shift Shifter Knob Boot Cover Universal | eBay ) But I suggest getting the super cheap auto one's because mine is being a #### and yeh I'm not happy with the bottom of it, still need's a little work :)

And about the mini spool,I have heard good and bad things about them and will see how I go, I will eventually be getting a proper LSD but how long till I get it depend's on how good I like the mini spool :)