Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tomi's VS Manual Ute :D

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hello guy's I know I have been saying this is my brother's car.. And I have been telling you the truth, UP UNTILL NOW!! I have bought the car off him and should be getting it this weekend (finger's crossed he buy's another car this weekend) I am very happy with it, especially for what I paid for it! So without any more :blah blah:

Name: Tomi

Model: VS Series I

Year: 1996

Color: White

KMS: 2xx, xxx

Engine: 3.8 Ecotec

Exhaust: Single muffler 2.5" exhaust (sound's different to other ecotec's, could be bigger)

Transmission: Manual (T5 :D)

Suspension: Lowered.. don't know with what, need's more low!

Wheels: CSA Razor - Silver

Interior: Leather 3 seater

Stereo: sony stereo

Exterior: lockable hard cover, painted door handles and mirror's

Future Mod's: fix problem's like over heating when on very long journey's, tail light flicker (refer to my post about that) and rear tires need replacing and air con not working,get new barrel's for lockable hard cover (car never came with key's for the hard cover)

Then bring on the mod's :yahoo: Pacemaker extractors, LSD, 100cell Cat's, plenum and insulating spacer's and CAI,power chip and tune, FULL DETAIL CLEAN,Different clear indicators, led strip in tray and engine bay and upgrade dome light.

Any feedback is appreciated just remember I'm 16 and don't earn a lot when you suggest things for me to get :) and yeh... ill try my absolute hardest to stay with just commodores forum all the way through this ute!

IMG_9547_zps0e7a0288.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_04582_zpsbb9b009a.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9271_zps90db5338.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2115_zps29a4b92e.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0093_zps1ec67474.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0077_zps039abeb8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0068_zps9cbd799c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
That looks pretty tidy. I like how you have a leather 3 seater, and manual ;)

Where did you get the seats for that or are they aftermarket covers?

I would have offered my detailing services if you were nearby, but let me know if you want any advice on detailing it.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
thank's i don't know where this car got it's leather from but i know that you can get leather cover's off ebay specifically for your make and model if you want, it look's great on the ebay site and is made exactly for your seat and that so it fit's TIGHT :) and you can get whatever color with whatever color stitching and stuff stitched in like hsv logo's it's mad! proseat-auto-interior | eBay just ask them for your seat and they can make it :)

and I'm gonna get a full detail from Western Sydney Detailing for 379 and i get heaps done for it
10799799_396357260517296_1435157580_n_zps3e0bf82f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm getting package 3 and they said this "That package is usually $429. But we can do it for you for $349. We will also throw in the following bonuses:

- Headlight cut, polish & restoration valued at $100
- Stainless Exhaust cut & polish valued at $100
- Interior Stain Removal valued at $100.

Therefore, $729 of value for $349. :) so I'm happy with all of that for the price :) but thank's and then ill just keep it washed every week, probably ill just be lazy and not do that but that is what i am aiming for lol ;)

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Hey man,

Certainly a great base to start from. It's different that's for sure, but I like it.
Couple of questions though;
Was this converted to a manual from a column shift? How is it to shift with the gear selector being what looks to be kinda in a cramped up spot?
Is your steering wheel adjustable, on the assumption that it may have been once a column shift?

Anyways, the planned mods you have sound good and I'd certainly like to see more in the near future.
Cheers.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hey Aphex,
it does have a auto radiator and did not have a rev gauge cluster up until my brother got it,I honestly have no idea.. however I have a sneaking suspicion it was a auto based on those two fact's,it does however have a steering wheel adjuster but i have never seen it being used and don't actually have the car until next weekend :( but ill update you and let you know :)

And as for shifting it, it honestly feel's great.. looking at people's photo's on carsales who had the same set up I was thinking the same thing but when i drove it for the first time i did not even realize it was tight at all! however once you have someone siting in the 3rd seat then just forget about gear's 2 and 4 hahah :/
and i will try my hardest to keep this thread going until i no longer have this beast :)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Regarding if it is genuine manual, mine is a genuine 3 seat manual, and yours looks like it too as it has the original manual surround that is hard to find and costs a ton to get.

You can check on your ID plate, see what gearbox came with it, but they did actually make a few manual 3 seaters. And by the way, drop the 3rd seat down and use it as an awesomely soft arm rest. So easy to change gears.

That detailing joint looks like they do a decent job so good start.

Just for future reference if you want to use decent car washes and stuff for yourself, get it from car care products, main shop in sydney.
The thing is their stuff works out cheaper then supercheap crap and WAYYYY better quality products. Check out the Duragloss line.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Yeah I was wondering that about the shroud around the gear lever... Unlike so many others hacking up sedan center consoles, this looked like something after market but wasn't sure. But if this is in fact factory fitted, then bonus!

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I was wondering that about the shroud around the gear lever... Unlike so many others hacking up sedan center consoles, this looked like something after market but wasn't sure. But if this is in fact factory fitted, then bonus!

Yeah, I was kinda pissed that mine didn't come with the shroud.
Had a look for it and everyone wanted around $300 for them. Even rarer then the manual gearbox, lol.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hey guy's my brother came around for a visit today and i looked at the id plate thing and found out that it had a M76 Gearbox from factory and to be honest i don't know if that is the T5 or a auto gearbox but you should know, and FYI IM GETTING THE CAR ON FRIDAY!! XD super excited and will keep you guys updated. needs a good clean so ill post some photo's after I clean it :) need's a lot of work that i did not know about but it will be a working progress and ill keep you guys updated along the way :)

Bit of a update for you guy's windscreen is cracked and the back right opera glass (completely shattered opera glass) both need to be replaced :( but I'm not paying for all of it so that's good, slowly but surely this project will be done :)