Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I'll be expecting some pics some time today........

Ok just for you Tones, not much to see, just typical wire black mesh from supercheap...bad pic , can hardly see the grille mesh but cant see behind that hole now anyway...( i really need to get a good camera as this Galaxy S4 is bad in certain lighting situations). Wonder how the mesh would look white?
42E768CE-CA25-46D5-8DE2-C8ABF3A3CE3A_zpsijizgwcw.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Was going to ask which chain or where to get the Liqui Moly but after the above comments about the VX 6 it sounds like it doesn't matter for me.

If you are interested, Sprint Auto Parts are apparently preferred stockists, but they did have to order it in for me.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Nice car mate, good to see another one well looked after :)

Cheers, probably should spend a little more time with wifey, but you know how it is.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Ok just for you Tones, not much to see, just typical wire black mesh from supercheap...bad pic , can hardly see the grille mesh but cant see behind that hole now anyway...( i really need to get a good camera as this Galaxy S4 is bad in certain lighting situations). Wonder how the mesh would look white?
42E768CE-CA25-46D5-8DE2-C8ABF3A3CE3A_zpsijizgwcw.jpg

That looks good Kanga. I hope mine turns out that good.
Hmmm, not sure about white, would blend in a little better, but every rock that bounces off it would probably have it looking a little average quite quickly.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I saw this posted somewhere, it may have even been on here.

I have since managed to find out where, It must have been one of uniacidz's Posts. Big reps to uniacidz.

I'm not sure how it is possible, but always keeps happening.....
IMG_0635_zpsb70f609e.jpg

Was this one of yours as well Uni???

Moses_zps6e8ca3db.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Actually neither was mine :p

lolol

First time I saw it was in this thread in post #110 in this thread and I liked it as reminded of the many times I have walked round in circle looking for lost tools and fricken flashlights.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Starting to feel well enough to get a couple of things done.

It feels like it has been forever since the operation, but it hasn't even been 6 weeks yet.
I have just started in the last couple of days to be getting stronger. It's been 2 days now since I've used my walking stick.
I know to most people it would be like "and?", but it really feels like I've turned a corner.

Anyways, back to the car. Poor girl hasn't been out much, and with school holidays here it will remained parked till at least Wednesday.
The plan is to - Finish Sunglass Holder/Map Light install
- Find out which speaker has a bass rattle that has been sh!tting me for months and fix that.
- Attempt the front foot well LED strip install. May have a go at the rear, but not sure where or how to run the wires.
- Attempt the Oil Catch Can Install, I now have everything I need to finish it, but still unable to bend over. I'm hoping I can do most of it on my knee's leaning over the fender. I'll wait and see how I feel. Don't want to undo all the good work that has been done on my back.

Today's Efforts.

Finished Rewiring back of Map Light unit, Made a new loom to hook into existing dome light wiring and Installed.

Maplightwiring_zps65638f35.jpg

MapLightswithloom_zps704ce8f8.jpg

Maplightsdomewiring_zpsc2fcbc54.jpg

Maplightinstallfinish_zps39364886.jpg

Maplightinstallfinish2_zpsc1be2000.jpg

And here is a photo just to show how shitty photo's taken by phone can be!
Seriously though, this little do flangy was left in my car after a crash repair. It has rubber feet, top and bottom, and has 3 sections that can be adjusted by unscrewing and then locking in place by screwing it back up. I wish I knew what it was called, It has come in handy so many times now.

support_zpsc5b406f2.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Catch Can Install

Got around to fitting my catch can today. I even started by reading the instructions. Sounded simple enough................

Oooooooooh, So Shiny.

CCinstall_zpsf11664d2.jpg

It looks better now, but when I first went to fit it, this is how it was assembled. Notice the fitting facing the wrong way.

CCinstallwrongport_zps685d4b54.jpg

I know your thinking, just turn it 180 degrees, but this photo is just to illustrate how it was originally.

I needed to put some spacers in between the bracket and the bolts in the head.

CCinstall2_zps5c697b79.jpg

I also needed to put a couple of small bends in the bracket supplied. It's pretty light weight and I can see my self fabricating another one.

Finished!! Should have been a whole lot simpler, but got there in the end.

CCinstallfinal_zps8851d212.jpg

I have since tonight decided that I probably should have waited another week or two. I may give myself a day off tomorrow lying flat on my back.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I also got my $100.00 sticker today. It came with 8 ignition leads and a sticky thing with numbers on it.
I'm guessing it is to label which lead goes to which plug if you are using a distributor type set up?? Anyone else got any ideas?

Newleads_zps0b6110e7.jpg

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Got around to fitting my catch can today. I even started by reading the instructions. Sounded simple enough................

Oooooooooh, So Shiny.

CCinstall_zpsf11664d2.jpg

It looks better now, but when I first went to fit it, this is how it was assembled. Notice the fitting facing the wrong way.

CCinstallwrongport_zps685d4b54.jpg

I know your thinking, just turn it 180 degrees, but this photo is just to illustrate how it was originally.

I needed to put some spacers in between the bracket and the bolts in the head.

CCinstall2_zps5c697b79.jpg

I also needed to put a couple of small bends in the bracket supplied. It's pretty light weight and I can see my self fabricating another one.

Finished!! Should have been a whole lot simpler, but got there in the end.

CCinstallfinal_zps8851d212.jpg

I have since tonight decided that I probably should have waited another week or two. I may give myself a day off tomorrow lying flat on my back.
Good effort Tones but i think your hoses are wrong way round? Your pics a bit dark on my ipad but PCV hose goes to top so oil gets filtered through and bottom hose to manifold..if you look at my thread page 4 of my can, this is how i have done mine which i got my mechanic to check and he said its right plus it works so must be ok...