Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Thanks Kanga, I feel better for accomplishing things, even if they are little things.
I did look at your thread, quite a few times actually, and then went back and checked it some more.
The hoses are defiantly opposite to your set up.
My instructions say the fitting on the side is the inlet, and the top is the outlet.
So, I thought In from PCV and out to intake manifold.
I did also have it apart, it has a small flap like piece of metal, which I presume the oily air hits, and the oil then allows the oil to drop down, then it goes through the filtering medium and lets clean air out the top.
I still don't feel 100% confident though, I guess I'll have to wait and see if I catch any oil.
But please, if anyone thinks this set up is wrong, I would appreciate the feedback

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Ah OK..Might be a different set up inside the can to mine. You will find out after your fit enough to drive, go for a long spirited ride and then check if any oil is in the can..You got me wondering if mines right now even though its doing its job..

Last edited:

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Kanga,
Did yours look like this?

CCinstructions_zps4c855e65.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Must be different systems.
The illustration on the instruction sheet is from the bottom of the can looking up, if that makes sense.
Just above the "flap" there is filtering mesh stuff, which fill the gap between inlet and outlet ports.
Dunno, I guess I'll find out.....

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Was going to take it easy today,

Nek minnit, **** got hectic

shitgothectic_zps1d887672.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
OTR Clean Up

I was looking at my OTR today, whilst I had about another 8 jobs on the go, and i noticed the OTR rubbing in to my condenser. It was also rubbing into my OTR.

OTRrubbing2_zps2bdd6a30.jpg

OTRRubbing_zpsa8923bef.jpg

I was sure I took Photo's of the condenser, but I guess not. It was very similar to the photo's above.

I thought I would trial some thin rubber and see how long that would last.

OTRrubberprotection_zps42e3001c.jpg

While I was dicking around with that, I took the opportunity to clean the K&N, also I really disliked the way the top of the condenser was visible. Looked friggin ugly if you asked me. Took to it with a razor to remove the remaining factory stickers, then with some sand paper, wet and dry and finished it with steel wool and metal polish. Came up ok, still ugly, but shiny ugly.

Polishedcondensor2_zps97bfa9ce.jpg

Polishedcondensor_zpsd118c5cd.jpg

Also took the time to put some edging around the radiator shroud where it was cut out for the OTR. Cleaned it up a little

I managed to find an older "before" photo.

IMG_1883_zps2be647af.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Front lower Grill Mesh

I couldn't stand it any more. That big ugly open hole at the bottom of the front bar.
Fu@ck it, I'll rip the bar off and get that done. Shouldn't take too long right?

All up, a good couple of hours, if I had to do it again, well under an hour(depending on glue cure times).

Bar off, bend mesh to size. I had already made some stencils from my last bar that hit the roo. So I already had a piece cut to size.

Firstfitmentcage_zps48d80e4c.jpg

Firstfitmentcage_zps48d80e4c.jpg

Turned bar upside down, ran a fat bead of sikaflex around the lip and fitted the mesh. got some good ol' duct tape and wrapped it around a couple of times and then across a couple.

Firstfitmentwaitingonglue_zps6bcc2107.jpg

Backoffrontspoiler_zps8d2e56d2.jpg

And then.....Wait. I waited a good couple of hours for the sikaflex to go off, was still a bit sticky, but was running out of time. Fitted the front bumper and voila!

Firstfittment_zps0e8f8161.jpg

Newlowergrill_zpsbb7e7092.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
LOLOL yeh fun isnt it

Took me a couple hours i think as well, but also did other things whilst waiting for epoxy to dry.

Good work with what ya been doing of late ;)