Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Welcome back to reality Tones and the daily grind...Your car looks very clean...heres a simple job for ya..put some white touchup paint on those wheel arch screws and it will help hide them and look even cleaner..
Used to use Liqui additive but saw no difference in my motors noise level etc...Im sticking to Penrite ten tenths for a while but am interested in ULX 110..next service maybe at the 100,000km mark ( have to run some low grade mineral oil as a flush first before using the ULX though i understand as the Penrite is a synth oil and the esters have to be eliminated before refill with ULX).

Last edited:

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Thanks,
Good tip, I'll do that, I may even have a little paint left.
I have tried Penrite, Mobil and even Nulon. I have only done a few hundred k's on the Liqui Moly, but so far best I've tried.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Glad to see the newly installed catch can doing what it's supposed to.

servicetimewascc_zps869741fa.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Welllll, It's been a while.

I'm having trouble remembering what I have done to my car since last post, which was the whole reason I started this thread lol.
I have had my little Excel on the road for a while, which saves me money on fuel and wear and tear and also saves me a lot of time not washing it all the time.
Having said that, my body has not let me do as much as I would like, and I have been relying on friends and family for help.
I did manage to get my strut brace fitted, and I'm very happy the way it turned out.
I'm not sure that I've noticed a great deal of difference, but it does feel firmer in the front end when cornering and a little less "creaky".

I let the rego on the Excel expire a few weeks ago and started driving the commodore again. From the first turn of the key - Bliss. Now I remember why I bought it.
I need to try and remember to get some photo's up soon from the strut brace install.
I've also had a few major repairs which I need to remember to list.