Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Too loud - advice on aftermarket exhaust needed!

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Hey all, I would love some advice:

I recently had my VE SV6 modified - pacemaker extractors, hi-flo 2.5' exhaust and airhammer induction. I'm loving the responsiveness and power of these mods, however the mufflers (xforce) that were put on are extremely and I mean extremely loud. They have a nice v8 growl down low but have a tinny cheap sounding high rev noise. At the end of the day I cannot have them this loud, you cant even talk easily while driving its crazy.

What options do I have - do I get the existing mufflers tampered with to reduce noise, or should I be looking at another set of mufflers? I have seen a vid of a members Redback mufflers in a post which sound nice, or the xforce varex ones look interesting. Thoughts?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
How can you have a nice V8 growl in a SV6 ? ..... lol

I have found with exhausts you get what you pay for.. the cheaper chinese ones ( X-force) dont sound as good as Redback but are cheaper..

Or some people swear by Defillipo but they can get a bit costly... go back to your exhaust place and tell them you are not happy... some tweaking by them should sort you out.