Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Too Much Bass?

CRZGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Manual 3.8L/M5
Hey guys, I had some **** Chinese h/u in my VS Statesman, so I replaced with a Pioneer one, now it's producing way too much bass! If the RCA's are in the wrong ports, could it make it have too much bass?

It's a Pioneer DEH-6350SD, two front 6" splits running off a 2CH amp and two 12" subs running off a mono, rear speakers running from the h/u. Any help will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hey buddy, more then likely whats happened is that the gain on the amp had to be set pretty to compensate for the low output from the old headunit. Now you've the Pioneer which would have at 2V outs if not more you will probably need to pull the gains down on the amp if not both of them.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
As Tasmaniak said, your gains on the amplifier will be off so you'll need to redo you gain settings.

Also, are your second set of RCA outputs on the head unit set to SUBWOOFER (SW) or REAR in the INITIAL settings? If set to REAR, then you need to use the fader setting to reduce the rear RCA output. If set to SUBWOOFER (SW), then you need to use the SW SETTING 2 in the AUDIO menu to adjust the output level.

CRZGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Manual 3.8L/M5
The gain knob was at it's max haha. It's all good now, thanks guys!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka