Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

too much juice!!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
in this order:

0) pump tyres up to 38psi
1) oil
2) oil filter
3) air filter (if it needs changing, check it)
4) fuel filter
5) spark plugs
6) rotor button
7) dizzy cap
8) oxy sensor
9) spark leads (if they need it, check the resistance against factory specs)

then see how you're going for money :p

stealth616

stealth616
Reaction score
Members Ride
5ltr VN Wagon
being that bad i nearly guarantee its ur oxygen sensor.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I drove my VP a couple hundred ks today and got about 10L/100 maybe a little better than that. So it's doing ok at the moment. That was without lean cruise

Schitzo06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
The VR SS have an 80 liter tank I was told, on empty when I fill up it only takes about 55 liters I guess my fuel gauge is prolly out?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
The VR SS have an 80 liter tank I was told, on empty when I fill up it only takes about 55 liters I guess my fuel gauge is prolly out?

mate your fuel gauge won't affect how much petrol you can fit in the tank.

BUT if what you mean is that your gauge reads empty and your car only takes 55ltrs then the only way to really find out is to run it out i guess. Not good for the pump but i don't have another idea.

HOWEVER based on those figures - 55 ltrs to about 300kms your fuel use is still bad.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well since my wifes driving my VP to work lately I'd thought I'd do an experiment, since it's probably in perfect running order (you would assume so from the times it runs) I thought it would be good to see how far you can go on a tank in a 5 litre that's running well. She filled the tank up the other day, from just under the last little notch on the gauge it took 65 litres and so far is at exactly half tank and used traveled 320 or 330 km's (I forgot but one or the other). I'm not sure if the second half of the tank will go the same distance or not but that's where its at right now just on my normal VN based tune no lean cruise or anything fancy, it's looking like it'll go at least 600 ks on the 65 litres. If she's still driving it next tank I'll try and increase it 10% or so. This is all about 70% highway and 30% town with 4 cold starts a day

Schitzo06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
does anyone know how much my tank holds in my vr 5.0 stato?thats bad as mate i get 400-450 out of my tank and thats with booting it every now and then.maybe u need a good tune.

The car had an full engine rebuild in 2002 maybe they never got it tuned right? I just took it up Tassienats and got 330kms with about a third of a tank left but I was sitting on 150 160kms/h most of the way and about 2 1/2 grand that still seems a bit much for highway driving hey.
Getting a service on Thursday then might look into getting it Dyno tuned soon as I can afford it.

being that bad i nearly guarantee its ur oxygen sensor.
I checked the fault codes and there are none logged so my o2 sensor must be fine

Schitzo06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
Gonna let her run out this week see how I go, I'll keep you posted.

lost horspower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR maloo
Hey ppls just wondering what sort of kms I should be getting from my VR SS Auto. I only get roughly about 280kms a tank on premium around the city, is that about standard? The car is stock, exhaust and all.

I drive my vr maloo like its stolen- tricked auto box exhaust with holes all through the mufflers not even got the hsv cold air box on atm- i get roughly 13l every 100km city bout 9.5-10.5 country so bout 11-11.5 average a week i do 90kms to work 6 days a week and use roughly over 100l of fuel with running about on a sunday / shop runs etc.
hope this was helpful comparison.
Oh btw 469000kms orignal motor - used and abused by myself and driven 4 states of australia for work including bad, bad dirt roads.

Last edited: