Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools & Tool Brands

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah that's the one. None at my local store so I miss out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah that's the one. None at my local store so I miss out.

Thanks.....

Looks like I've got your mind working overtime again, wanting more tools.....:)

I just looked on the Repco website and found a 3/8" drive ratchet for $7

https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-e...chet-mpar38-1/p/A5357973?kwSearch=air ratchet

Problem is, it'd set me back $20 in fuel to get it, so stuff that.

Another for $37...

https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-e...-wrench-rar38/p/A5355305?kwSearch=air ratchet

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I like the look of the Repco one, but none available in Tas. Mechpro is pretty junky. I'd never buy anything Mechpro.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Almost bought an air sander from TTI as it came up as a suggestion. I have $140 in gift cards but kinda want to try and get an intermediate two drawer chest that will fit on my roller cab. Can't actually find anything online at TTI, so hard to know which brand one will fit. An intermediate tool chest is actually really hard to find now, regardless because I really need to see it before I actually buy one and no stores in Launceston to buy one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I like the look of the Repco one, but none available in Tas. Mechpro is pretty junky. I'd never buy anything Mechpro.

I have bought a mechpro imperial ratcheting spanner set about 2 years ago.....Haven't given them a great work out yet, but the workout they have had they've held up

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Almost bought an air sander from TTI as it came up as a suggestion. I have $140 in gift cards but kinda want to try and get an intermediate two drawer chest that will fit on my roller cab. Can't actually find anything online at TTI, so hard to know which brand one will fit. An intermediate tool chest is actually really hard to find now, regardless because I really need to see it before I actually buy one and no stores in Launceston to buy one.

Got diamentions for the chest draw you want? Will be heading there tomorrow for the ratchet so I can get some measurements and help you out.... :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
TTI don't stock intermediate chests from my searching online. The one that would fit is only available at Trade Tools (Qld). There is a Sidchrome one which is 5mm too wide. But TTI don't list it for sale. I would probably fit if I knew where to buy rubber mat that would build up my roller and sit at the height of the lip. I just don't know where to get the mat from?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
https://www.tradetools.com/renegade...MIsLz994eb9wIVEZpmAh3u8gUQEAQYBCABEgK-UfD_BwE

This one would fit in-between my roller and chest. I'd rather find something local and not have to pay $52 in freight. It would be even better if I could use my TTI vouchers. I'd then only be out of pocket buy $110 on a Sidchrome one, if they can even get one and its the same price I'm seeing online from other tool shops.

If it was me, I’d be buying the one that fits and paying the delivery charge rather than modifying another brand unit available ’locally’ (or hoping it fits anyway).

I suspect that you’ll be paying delivery anyway as any locally available unit will have the delivery charge rolled in to the local price.

I’d be buying the matching unit (and having it delivered) and moving on. Buying a unit that doesn’t quite fit right sounds like a potential headache.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's not a matching unit, and is not guaranteed to fit, but the measurements online suggest it should, my cab and chest is a Repco one and they are discontinued. I should have bought an intermediate chest five years ago when they were still available but I was poor trying to build a house with next to no money.